“Great hotel in a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in York
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

After trying a few of the more traditional hotels in York, I've now stayed at the Hampton nearly every week since it opened and would highly recommend it.

The staff are friendly, helpful and really make the effort to make you feel welcome.

The location is perfect for exploring the town and only a couple of minutes walk from the station.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy - I don't need more than that!

Free wifi and breakfast are a bonus in an industry with ever increasing optional extras for a charge.

There's a few comments on here about the noise from nightclubs, but in fairness to the hotel, they really do what they can to minimise any disruption. Students will be students & they form a large part of York's demographic. Personally, out of all my stays here, I've only noticed it once and it should not be a reason for giving this place a miss.

Give it a try!

• Stayed February 2012
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad that you like the hotel, and we certainly appreciate your comments regarding the staff.

It's also very pleasing to read that you chose to come back to us every week, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for choosing us.

Have a lovely weekend, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton York very soon.

Victoria Burnham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Thai first
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, no complaints at all. The rooms were clean and modern, service was first class and the location was 5 minutes walk from Micklegate. I have noticed some other reviews complaining about noise from the night club opposite but we did not hear a thing. Breakfast was good, hot and cold buffet fayre but was good quality and tasty. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay., and that you enjoyed our free breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and we hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to York.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Booked this from the US and was not quite sure what I was getting, since it was new, with no reviews, and I had never been to York. I was not disappointed! The staff sent me clear instructions on how to arrive from the train station, so that was a big plus since I was walking from there. I arrived early and thought I would just leave my bags, but the staff was very helpful and allowed me to check into my room early. The hotel was spotless and my room very pleasant. It was an easy walk into York, down the hill and across the river, even at the end of the day after shopping and touring I enjoyed the walk and took different routes to see different parts of York. It was also an easy walk to the theater, the reason I came to York in the first place! I saw the local production of Calendar Girls! A true treat! PS, the breakfasts were great too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay., and that you found the staff helpful.

I hope you enjoyed your time in York and that the Calender girls lived up to your expecatations.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and we hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to the UK..

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I'm a regular visitor to York and have tried a number of hotels and would rate the Hampton by Hilton pretty highly. I was warmly welcomed on arrival and pleased to see that the room was clean and well appointed. I used the fitness room which was small but had modern equipment. It's about a ten minute walk into the centre of York so reasonably well situated, and breakfast in the morning was varied and plentiful (didn't try the bar or evening menu). Staff very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel.

What could be improved? Just a small thing but it would be good to have information in the room about the restaurant with a menu so that you can decide whether to eat in or out. Also, there is an area off the restaurant with computers and internet access but didn't find this until I was about to leave the hotel so again info in the room would have been helpful. Finally, it would have been nice to have a few more teabags and maybe some biscuits in the room which most other hotels in this price range include.

Very small points though - on the whole had a good stay and will most certainly return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay..

Thank for your feedback regarding the restaurant and the work zone, which is very much appreciated, we will take this on board in order to ensure we improve the service we offer to future guests.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and we hope to see you again soon.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice new hotel Stayed three nights nice room modern .staff very helpfull.Front of house very obliging Would reccomend for a short stay.Breakfast very nice plenty of it but dont have an evening meal.We had fish and chips soggy have cooked in the oven we couldnt eat them big let down to a very nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay., and enjoyed our free breakfast.

I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your evening meal. I will ensure that the team recieve further training to ensure meals are served to standard.

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Absolutely recommend this hotel as it is thr best that I have ever stayed in. They have a gym, conference room and a cafe. They have a very big space for breakfast from 6 or 7 to 11 o'clock, compared to the average hotel where you have to eat in one hour. The breakfast is like a large buffet with; blueberry and chocolate muffins, croissants, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, herbal tea, fruit juice and toast. Plus, you can choose to have a full English and have dinner there as well. In the rooms, the facilities are great with shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, moisturiser, a large wardrobe, ironing board, hairdryer, radio with an alarm and very comfortable beds. The only negative that I can think of is the price, but the quality was so good and the staff so excellent, it was definately worth while.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

south yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a cut down version of a Hilton hotel, nicely set out modern room with the usual friendly staff. It is centrally located on a back street behind the station. It has only been open since October and is clean and well appointed. As usual staff were excellent and we managed to check in at 10:30 am leaving us the day to mooch around this lovely historic city.

Breakfast included and a reasonable selection at the buffy. This hotel is oposite Yorks largest nightclub but we did not here any noise from this except as we were coming in, even then it was not too noisy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Victoria Burnham

Been to Hampton by Hilton York? Share your experiences!