“First Class Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn York City Centre - Blossom Street North

and 1 more site!
You added Premier Inn York City Centre - Blossom Street North to your Saves list
Premier Inn York City Centre - Blossom Street North
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“First Class Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The bed linen and towels were very clean - as was the room and en-suite. It was also very quiet. The traffic noise outside was rather loud while the window was open. When closed nothing could be heard and nothing from guests in other rooms. It really was 'a good night's sleep'.There was a choice of hard or soft pillows which was useful. We had booked breakfast and evening meal. The evening meal had a limited choice and, although the food was good, it was too much for us. Next time we would only book ahead for breakfast and have a la carte in the evening. Staff were most helpful - especially Kim. We were very impressed.

We came by train and took a taxi to the Hotel. Could have saved ourselves some money as both Premier Inns are yards from the railway station.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Sandbach, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Well up to the usual premier inn standard. We had a large, clean, modern room which had a very comfortable bed, although there was some noise from the stairs next to it. We have stayed here before and enjoyed the meal deal in the restaurant, so decided to book this again. Mistake!! Although the food was of good quality, the meal stretched to 2 hours 15 mins which is far too long, and this seemed to be same with all the diners eating on this evening. Wetherspoons across the road will get our business when we stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here with family , lovely comfy bed nice room - what I know to expect from premier inn . My daughter was ill when we arrived and staff were fantastic , showed me to room opening doors as I had to carry her ( sick 3 year old ) . Told us where nearest pharmacist was and said just to let them ow if they could be of any more help - thank u Carla . Staff also asked how she was the next day. ( much better ) fantastic service . We ate at table table was also great service ( kian) and food fab - would recommend and would stay again .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for my very classy hen party on a Saturday night. Arrived at 2.30pm to be told my room wasn't ready but if I went to a friends room to get changed someone would be up to give me the key. I booked online advance and assumed I'd already paid for the room. After an hour I went down to find my missing key/room and was told I hadn't paid. I asked if I could check my emails and was told I'd have to use the public computer in the lobby. No problem except the member of staff in question was staring over my shoulder at my private documents. Once I had found the email I was shocked as said member of staff shouted 'told you so' in the public lobby. My friends were horrified by the way she had spoken to me and continued to do so even as I paid. One of my friends and I work for large companies and agreed if we had treated customers like that we would have been reprimanded. It also transpired this member of staff was a manager which was even more suprising. Overall the rooms are great and so is the location but this was spoilt by the actions of one very poorly trained manager.

• Stayed October 2013
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

the best chain for the value. Great staff. Good breakfast. The parking is also good.. The locations always seem close to venue needed. Makes little weekend get aways affordable. The food for the price is very nice. The service hours for the dinning is also good. The staff is very friendly and helpful, during the entire stay not just at checking

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Filey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just stayed for one night prior to an early start from the railway station the next morning. The hotel is very conveniently located for the station and York city centre.
The room we were allocated was on the first floor which meant carrying very heavy luggage up a steep set of stairs. To be fair the friendly receptionist did offer to help when he had booked in the long queue behind us, but we decided not to wait.
The room itself was as good as we have come to expect from Premier, but we were overlooking the main road and the noise was continuous all night despite the double glazing.
We would come back if we needed to stay in York again, and would hope to get a room in one of the quieter blocks

Room Tip: try to avoid the main block
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

You always know what you're getting with Premier but I think where they really shine is with their staff. Every Premier Inn we've stayed at the people on reception have been outstanding. Friendly, efficient, courteous and always smiling. The beds are fine, the rooms are spacious and the bathrooms efficient with good showers. This particular hotel has a bar which seemed popular, and the hotel is in a great location for the Railway Museum. Only drawback is having to walk to the next hotel down the street (Premier Blossom St south) to have breakfast, but it was a good breakfast. Glad it wasn't raining though.

Room Tip: If you've got heavy cases, or bad knees, let them know, as a lot of rooms require stairs from th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn York City Centre - Blossom Street North? Share your experiences!