What we liked:
* The room was very clean and well serviced.
* The power-shower was to die for!
* Breakfast was very good with quality bacon and sausages
* Excellent view over York from the back rooms
* Onsite car parking
* Friendly welcome
* Approx 20 minutes walk to the wall & a direct foot path to the rail museum & train station.
* Rooms 11 & 12 are on the third floor. This is 53 stairs up from the ground floor plus and additional 13 stairs to the breakfast basement, therefore a round trip for breakfast and back was 132 stairs. After eating way too much food at breakfast the climb back up is hard as there is no lift.
* Room needs thicker curtains to hold out the morning sun.
* Wifi useable, but not stable on the third floor.
Out of the hotels control:
* Trains going past at 04:30am sounding their whistles!
We have visited York a few times and stayed at the Holmwood once before. My advice is to check which floor you are on, I am a reasonably fit 40yr old cyclist and at the end of a long day or after too much food the final push up to the third floor is hard!
Next time I will take ear plugs and a sleep mask :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holmwood House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holmwood House Hotel York