“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 716 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: At Filmore and Union we have a huge passion for fresh, vibrant and healthy foods. Energizing breakfasts; inspirational lunches; wholesome suppers all made daily within our cool relaxed setting. F or dinner join us in our upstairs restaurant and maybe try the seared salmon with chilli, lime paprika, lemongrass and ginger on a bed of harissa potatoes and lentils all made with love and care from our open kitchen. Reservations advised. All day fabulous Sunday brunch, kids menu, fully licenced & Wi-Fi. The street level Deli offers bagels, salads, delicious juices, hearty soups & pastas as well as healthy cakes (even our chocolate brownies!)
North Yorkshire
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere , excellent coffee, amazing location and such friendly staff. It's not often you find a restaurant that caters for all dietary requirements and its doggy friendly, so next time ill even bring my pooch.

• Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Healthy but nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

What's the opposite of 'naughty but nice'? I'm not sure - but whatever it is, this is it. So often healthy food seems mean boring food. Munching your way through a bowl of lentils, chick peas and mixed leaves may allow you to finish your meal feeling virtuous but with no culinary afterglow.

This is different. Clearly the people at Filmore and Union have thought hard about preparing a menu full of both goodness and taste. I travel to York frequently on business and have now dined at the Low Petergate restaurant half a dozen times and have had a great meal each time.

This time I started with Seared pigeon breast with dukkah spices, parsnip puree and pickled radish. Followed this with a delicious seafood risotto. But it's not just the dishes themselves that work. They surprise you with a side of vegetables. This time a truly wonderful melange of curly kale, mange tout and french beans mixed with an unidentified array of herbs and spices which turned the side dish from an ordinary one into something rather special.

I rounded the meal off with an apple and pear spicy crumble with a 'gluten free' topping. Again just right. And if a touch of naughtiness crept in to the meal at this stage it was very much of my choosing and given all the healthy pleasures that had gone before, I felt justified.

All served up by a personable Latvian chef, who from the open plan kitchen space could keep an eye on the diners and also over his inexperienced waitress to make sure she didn't put too many feet wrong.

The surprise to me is that in six (admittedly weekday) visits the covers have been pretty sparse. York residents and visitors don't know what they are missing and should seek this place out. Perhaps a slightly lower priced weekday menu might help? Just - please leave the table by the small window free for me. I want to make sure I can get in next time I'm in York.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
477Wil, Public Relations Manager at Filmore and Union, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for been a loyal Filmoreite and for taking the time to write a great review on here. Our concept is healthy, yet tasty and exciting using spices and ingredients many people havent tasted before, such as za'taar - this is what makes Filmore so exciting and unique!

Also you said you indulged yourself on your last visit with your dessert - maybe so but it's good to know that all our sweets are made with natural sweetners such as honey or agave syrup which makes them (in my eyes) 100% guilt free, or at least thats what I tell myself! Either way we very much hope we see you again soon.

Beth
“Classy little cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very nice little place we happened to find when walking round the centre one morning. Stopped off for a hot chocolate but decided against food as it was a bit pricy but the menu did look good.

York, United Kingdom
“Little gem at York Station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I've been forced to take the train to work as my car isn't working and I have visited most days this week.

My cappuccino was great, I had a delicious slimmer juice today and a cinnamon bagel earlier in the week.

All the food and drink taste yummy and fresh. Really set me up for the day ahead!!

Thank you!!!

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Harrogate's very own Superfood Juice/smothie Bar & Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Creating a healthy, happy buzz in Scandi style surroundings Harrogate’s Filmore & Union branch really delivers what it promises. I took my teenage daughter for lunch who was enthusiastic about their menu and finished all she ordered! Friendly, young, efficient staff served us perfectly and were knowledgeable about the food and cold press juice bar. It’s great having a café offering such fresh, tasty, imaginative healthy dishes (sit down or takeaway) breakfast, lunch & dinner. Eat yourself fit - well done F&U, Harrogate needs more like you!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
477Wil, Guest Relations Manager at Filmore and Union, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi Gillie,

Thanking for visiting Filmore Harrogate and for writing a great review about us! Our staff there are great and give the place a fantastic atmosphere, teamed with great food you can't really go wrong can you! We are glad you and your daughter both love us! I also noticed your dogs on your profile picture - cute! We are doggy friendly so maybe you could let them share the filmore love next time you are out walking.

We hope to see you again soon,

Beth