As other reviewers say - you get what you pay for - and then it was still a nightmare. People coming and going all night, very noisy. Downstairs front room drab and basic and small. Bathroom very small and inadequate. Shower head did not work properly. Breakfast dropped outside your door - the owners say that they do not want to disturb you - perhaps so, but there is no dining room in the house at all anyway. Very meagre breakfast - cold croissant, yogurt and a juice. Charming! Never saw the owners, except for one very rude man next morning on checkout. He didn't want to know any problems - his hands and arms out in front of you - exceptionally bad public relations. The owners are obviously only in it for the money. Spend another 20 pounds and stay somewhere far more decent. An appalling experience.
- Also Known As:
- Holmlea Guest House Hotel York
- Holmlea Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holmlea is a 10-15 minute walk into the centre of York, between the race course and city centre. We offer double, family, triple and twin rooms, all with en-suite or private non-shared bathrooms. We also have 2 ground floor rooms with wide access for the partially disabled. Holmlea accommodates up to 16 guests and offers inexpensive, high quality accommodation from only £18-£30 per person, with 24-hour access. Free wi-fi is available in all rooms and throughout the guesthouse. Please ask about discounts for pensioners, single occupancy concessions, longer stay guests discounts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Holmlea Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.