“Arghhh scary” 4 of 5 stars

Glasgow, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
“Arghhh scary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was fun, but we did sit at the top for ages to the point I started to wonder if the fire brigade were going to have to get us down. Awesome views, we went round 4 times. Half price with York pass so well worth it.

Visited June 2013

Leeds
28 attraction reviews
“Unique views of York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We visited York on the way to a weekend in Scarborough, armed with my Living Social voucher for the Wheel. We parked in the railway short stay car park and walked straight on to the wheel with no queuing. It was an over cast morning , the windows were clean and the views were still magnificent. The commentry was informative and the whole trip was just over 10 minutes long. Well worth the experience, beware though of the photographer at the exit of the ride trying to sell expensive commemorative packs.

Visited June 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on the wheel in February. We stayed two nights in the Royal York Hotel and the wheel is situated in the hotel gardens. As a result we were offered discounted tickets so we thought, why not. Although some of the commentary was interesting, the only good view we had was of our Hotel. The wheel went round twice if I remember correctly. As disembarked, we were faced with a man trying to sell us our Wheel photos. As soon as we showed our disinterest, his cheery expression soon turned to a sour face. All in all, ride was pleasant enough at discounted price. Had I paid full price, I would have felt as if I'd been had.

Visited February 2013
Victoria, Canada
41 attraction reviews
“Lovely views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I like the fact you get to go around 3 or 4 times. One time is slow for great picture taking. There can be a wait time of 25 minutes as that is how long you are on it. Lovely views, very personable staff. Like the fact there is a maximum 4 persons per car and 2 if they aren't too busy. Really glad we went up.

Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“Eye of the Tiger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We booked the ride via Groupon for £3 each, which was an excellent saving but if we had paid the full price of £8.50 each (£5,50 OAP/Student) I wouldn't have rated this so highly. There was a small queue at the kiosk because someone was having difficulty with their credit card, but when the attendant spotted my voucher he put us to the front and onto the first pod, well done to him... and Groupon. The view from the pod was spoilt slightly due to it being an overcast day, but it didn't stop us from spotting Ferrybridge Power station on the horizon and I could literally "see our house from up here"!
We went round 4 times and had a lovely stop at the top for some nice photos, pity it wasn't sunny or they would have been even better, especially over the Minster. For first time visitors to York this ride is a must do.

Visited May 2013