“Popped in for breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grill Room at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel and Spa - CLOSED

Grill Room at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel and Spa
Cedar Court Grand Hotel and Spa, Station Rise | Station Rise, York YO1 6GD , England
01904380038
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Grill Room at The Grand follows in the great tradition of hotel grill rooms, pioneered by such legendary properties as the Savoy and the Dorchester.Our Grill Room serves a menu of classic European cuisine in a stylish and welcoming setting. With beautiful views of the historic City Wall and York Minster, diners will enjoy the atmosphere as much as the menu.In addition to our extensive menu, The Grill Room also features a cheese trolley well stocked with exquisite choices from around the world, including British classic cheeses. Our portions are well-sized to ensure you feel fully satisfied at the end of your dining experience, and with both lunch and dinner options, you can choose the right dishes to suit your mood at any time of day.Dining in The Grill Room is an unforgettable experience which will delight and satisfy you, setting you up for an evening sight-seeing around York, continuing business discussions or simply retiring to The Grand Bar or Whisky Lounge to continue your evening of pampering!The Grill Room opening times:Lunch: Daily 12.30pm–2.30pmDinner: Daily 6.30pm–10pm
“Popped in for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast 15.00 for buffey 5.00 extra for full english.but you could have as much as you like.wofe had fruit meusli & divine muffins.i had cooked breakfast.bacon & sausage great all with as much coffee and juice as you liked.service fine.couldnt fsult.give it a try ss a eeekend treat
Cant wait till we stay for long eeekend in january

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“We Felt Special.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

....when we arrived at the hotel for our table for 2 at The Grill Room to celebrate our marriage. Every member of staff congratulated us and we were given a complimentary glass of Prosecco. The food was delicious (we loved the Amuse Bouche and the pre-desert) - and the staff were really helpful and friendly. It really was a treat for us to visit the restaurant - thanks to everyone at the hotel. We had a couple of cocktails in the bar after dinner and relaxed whilst soaking up the ambience. The hotel is gorgeous and we'd love to return in future to stay as well as dine.

Cantley, null, United Kingdom
“Wow. No hotel has come close to this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Love love love. After the busy christmas we had we wanted a break so my partner surprised me with this. Order a different suite but was delighted when we arrived that we had been upgraded. It was just amazing!!!!! Start to finish was amazing. My partner proposed to me there so it's even more special. Breakfast in bed is great! The only thing I was disappointed in was the restaurant menu. Sat down but didn't end up having dinner.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
York, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked a table at the Grill Room on their online booking system for my birthday dinner with my husband. The booking was accepted and I received a confirmation email. Very excited after reading the menu on the website and looking forward to getting dressed up for the occasion. This turned to disappointment when I was called the following evening to say that they couldn't accept my booking. I was told that they could give me a table one and half hours later or 45 minutes earlier than my original booking time. The excuse was that they had a large party booked in that evening and the online booking system had not updated properly. Maybe I'll try again another time but with a telephone call to reserve rather than the internet! Although I do think a 5 star hotel should have their booking systems spot on!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Michael T, Manager at Grill Room at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Andrea

I find it very disappointing that you were so dissatisfied with our customer service here at The Grand that you have taken to Trip Advisor for your very first review. I am sorry that we couldn’t grant the booking which you originally made online through live bookings but as my colleague explained to you it hadn’t updated properly. In my opinion my colleague did exactly the right thing and dealt with the situation as soon as possible informing you that if you did come at that time there would be a delay for your food and the experience may not have been as good as the high standards we aim for on a daily basis. She also offered you alternative times for you to dine with us on your special occasion.
What I find even more disappointing is that you have graded us 1 out of 5 on value, atmosphere and food considering you haven’t eaten with us I find this very unfair on our hard working kitchen and front of house teams.

Best Wishes

Michael Thompson
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Superb is all we can say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

That's all you can say, we stayed in the hotel, room 420 which is a wonderful suite over looking the city wall and we eat here on Saturday night. The food the service the ambience was just brilliant, well done all a great way to spend our anniversary and we cannot fault it in any way. We will be back soon

Just brilliant

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your dinner in our award winning Grill Room Restaurant.

I’m glad you thought both the food and service was excellent and I will of course pass on your feedback to our Head Chef.

On behalf of myself and the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Best Wishes