only discovered this place recently, have been visiting almost once a week as we really enjoy our visits. we have only eaten once but the food was good. I think if the winter menu is good and has a good choice of dishes it would fit perfectly with the cosy feel of the inside of the building. I know there is a refurb due here later in the year for dinning upstairs which i think has a lot of potential. the staff are pleasant. There is a waitress whom is foreign, dark hair, she is very friendly and outgoing. The beer garden at the front is really nice, shame about things falling from the tree constantly! overall - good food, good service, great location, shouldnt be disappointed if you go.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a grade 1 listed Georgian townhouse built in the early 1700's and originally a Doctor's house before becoming a Judges Lodgings- from which the bar,hotel and restaurant now takes its name. Extensively refurbished in time for July 2014, the Judges has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York. With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Judges Lodgings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.