“Room for improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Sheffield
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Lowther for pre theatre food and drinks
Very smart looking inside
We selected our dishes and went to order at the bar
It took three staff members to enter in to the till
Starters were un-impressive calamari in a bowl with small pot of sauce no garnish and certainly no thought by any chef on presentation
Garlic dough balls and bread were equally lack lustre on presentation
Mains were better but burgers ordered as house special lacked some of the ingredients as stated
Pointed out to staff member which I believe was in charge of food and this was quickly remedied
Mains were quite good
For the prices paid though they could do more especially in presentation of starters

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello, thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear that we did not fulfil your expectations upon this visit. Your comment about presentation of the starters has been noted and we will be working on improving that. I am the person who dealt with the food for you at the time and cannot express how sorry I am that the food was not perfect when it reached your table. I am happy to hear that you were content with the solution I offered and once again I am sorry we had to rectify such mistakes. Thank you for being so patient with us, and for your feedback, as we would not know how to improve without such reviews! We very much hope that you would visit us again, and should you require any more information or if I can help you with any other queries, please feel free to contact me personally on carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com Thank you again!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A decent, good value pub meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This pub has recently been refurbished to a high standard and the food is good quality pub grub. The music was excellent and my children enjoyed the visit. The other customers ranged in age but there was a high number of people in their early twenties and another visitor told me it was popular with the student crowd.

Visited April 2013
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello, thank you for such a lovely review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that the atmosphere and food met your expectations! Thank you for bringing your family to us, we are predominantly a student bar late at night but we have many families visiting throughout the daytime for meals and such. We hope that you would consider us again, and if you would like any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally on carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com thank you again!
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Cheap drinks, good atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Drinks are really cheap...good for students. We waited a little too long to get served and it wasnt even that busy. Great atmosphere though with indue music and nice modern decor inside.

Visited April 2013
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello, thank you for such a great review, we are very sorry you had to wait longer than expected to be served, we will be addressing the problem immediately and hope that upon your next visit this problem is rectified. We hope you will visit us again in the future, if you would like to contact us for anything please do not hesitate to email me personally on carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com thanks again.
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ordered 3 breakfasts, only 2 came. Had to sit n wait 5mins for one while other 2 ate theirs. Not ideal. Staff redeemed themselves with complimentary coffees. Note to caterers everywhere - a coffee costs you pennies but goes a long way to soothing annoyed customers. Food was excellent, place v clean. Would visit again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear there was a delay with your breakfasts, but thank you for being so patient with us and understanding that sometimes these things happen. I am very glad to hear that you were given complimentary coffees whilst you waited for the final breakfast, we understand how frustrating it is to be the only person without a meal, and we do try to ensure that our mistakes are rectified as quickly as possible! Thank you for your lovely review, we hope you will visit us again soon! If you wish to contact us for anything please feel free to contact me personally via my email: carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com Thank you again!
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“You can order a posh fish finger off the menu haha”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved this pub. From outside it doesn't look anything special but once inside it looks amazing. Food was great im a great fan of a fish finger sandwich and couldn't believe they had it on the menu. Only thing I will say is the white wine wasn't cold. And the view was amazing

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for such a lovely review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit (and your fish finger sandwich!) and very much hope you will visit us again, if you should wish to contact us in the future please do not hesitate to email me, my email address is carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com thank you again!