“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

One of the best Indians I've ever had ( and I've hade thousands) how they do it for the price I don't know. Service excellent , we will be back as much as possible

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dinner for 4”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked this for 8.00 pm Saturday night and was not disappointed the service and the food was excellent and was very reasonably priced would go back if in York again.

Visited April 2013
“Very tasty food, great service and unbelievable value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am normally sceptical of buffets but the dishes on offer were authentic, freshly cooked and delicious.
For £9.95 you also receive popadums - the biggest pickles selection ever, starters and naan bread. I reckon it's near impossible to eat it all.
The staff were really friendly and attentive too - has to be one of the best value Indian meals in the UK.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockton on Tees
“Lovely food, fab service and great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were in York on Saturday for my hen party, I booked a table in advance using the online facillity following glowing reviews on here, and it was great to get confirmation that my booking had gone through.
From the moment we all stepped through the door we were made to feel very welcome, we all loved the poppadoms and the starters were delicious and didn't last long. The choice on the buffet was great and suited everyone (the chicken tikka was gorgeous) - it was fab returning to the table to see 2 HUGE naan breads - yummy.
Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and we'll definitely be back.
Great value and great food!!

Visited April 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good Value Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Found myself in the Jinnah after failing to get into the Mumbai Lounge while on a work trip to York. As a few other reviewers have commented, the restaurant is large and it was fairly quiet during my visit (on a Wednesday night) but everyone who was eating seemed pretty happy.

And I wasn't disappointed at all; starting with two poppadoms and around 7/8 different pickles, I was immediately taken back by how good the value of the buffet was. AFter that, sizzling tandoori meats and an onion bhaji were followed by the arrival of a massive, tasty garlic nan and a choice of rice, around 6 curries and as many sides. Those that I could manage were all reasonably good.

I got talking to one of the waiters and apparently the dishes on the buffet change every day. If I was living in York, this would definitely be a place I'd be returning to...

• Visited April 2013