“Simply Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The family and I have been going to Jinnah on a regular basis for around 18 months and there is only word to describe the food "Amazing". When I say regular I mean at least fortnightly and whilst often we intend to try somewhere different the lure of Jinnah and the excellent food and service (particularly from Farouqh) is too much. Whether it is the all you can eat buffet or something off the menu the food never disappoints although personally I prefer trying dishes from the extensive menu particularly Chicken Shaslick, Jinnah Tandoori Special and a recent favourite of mine Agni Karahi - this dish is really unusual for an Indian as it is flambed in brandy by your table and whilst not traditional it is worth trying. Whatever you like Jinnah and the excellent staff always try and accommodate your needs so if you want something different just ask - for example we always like having a Chicken Tikka and lam Keema mix as a main and of course they are only too happy to oblige.

I would also add that the pickle tray that accompanies the poppadoms is the most extensive and varied Ive come across with 7 to 8 to try with the garlic variety being our particular favourite. e have recently taken to having starters (not necessary if you opt for buffet as you receive a mixed sizzles starter) and recently tried Chicken Pakora with my girlfriend opting for the Punjabi Masala Fish - excellent and my girlfriend as now stated having this as a main course.

I would add that we have tried numerous Indian restaurant in York Akbars, Saffron Desi, Mumbai Lounge, Indian Lounge, Kings Ransom and various others but we always return to Jinnah. Jinnah has also a range of other Indian restaurants in North Yorkshire and we have tried most of them and whist good its just not Jinnah in York. Over the last few weeks its popularity seems to have increased significantly so if you are planning to visit on a Friday or Saturday night I would suggest you make a reservation just like I have tonight.

Well I could write so much many more superlatives about this place but I think you get the message - visit Jinnah you will not be disappointed but then again perhaps don't as we may not be able to get a table in the future.

York, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, fantastic service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The largest buffet selection I have had the pleasure of choosing from. Being served popadoms & a tray of no less than 7 pickles followed by a sizzling tray of starters is a really nice touch, before moving onto the buffet. The quality of the food is outstanding, very tasty, full of flavour and obviously freshly prepared.

The a la carte menu provides a fabulously varied choice and all dishes that I have tried are of a high standard. The staff members are friendly and take great care to ensure that you are enjoying your meal. Their knowledge of the menu and dishes they serve is excellent, going to the trouble to describe dishes and the ingredients if requested.

Without doubt my favourite Indian restaurant in the country.

York, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Restaurant I’ve ever eaten in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a resident of York I’ve had the pleasure of eating in a great many of its wonderful restaurants, but I have to say that since discovering Jinnah we rarely go anywhere else. The quality of food is unrivalled and the atmosphere is relaxed, welcoming and comfortable. The staff is incredibly friendly and genuinely nice people.

I have a large family of five children the eldest is 21 and the youngest is 5. Jinnah accommodates us all perfectly with even my youngest eager to sample the many wonderful dishes on offer at the buffet. I recently took a very large party to Jinnah’s for a celebratory meal following the launch of my most recent book. It was without doubt the most successful launch party I have ever had. My husband and I have just had a quiet romantic meal together in Jinnah’s and yet again we had the most fabulous evening.

I can’t rate this restaurant highly enough and I would like to thank all the staff for providing the perfect place to relax and enjoy beautiful food, no matter what the occasion. Absolutely wonderful food, terrific folk and a lovely relaxed environment.

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This restaurant caught our eye as we were walking around all I can say is go in and eat. The food is cooked to perfection it was so good I will be recommending this restaurant

Dumfries scotland
“fantastic meal and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We decided to go to Jinnah ( had been to the harrogate restraurant) and we were not disappointed. The meal was excellent and the staff were all very helpful. The menu was varied with a good selection of mild, medium and hot dishes. Thank you for a lovely meal.