“Good Afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 116 Attractions in York
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Step through 2,000 years of history with one visit to this house of dreams, where rooms are set up and furnished to mirror the grand styles from medieval times to the early 1900's.
Yorkshire
4 attraction reviews
“Good Afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our afternoon in the Treasurer's House. The staff all the way round were incredibly helpful and able to answer all our questions. Wish we had more time to do the cellar and attic tours but will have to return another time for those. Had afternoon tea in the tea room which was again lovely!

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“Interesting, informative guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We visited here as we are members of the National Trust, and as we were in York, we thought it would be rude not to!
The property is quite deceptive, it doesn't look very big from the outside, but there are lots of rooms and things to see. The guides in each room are informative, and full of facts about the property and its previous owner Frank Green. The decor is quite dark, some of the rooms can seem a little dingy, but it was all very interesting none the less.
My only criticism - the cellar tour. It was an extra £2.24 each, and it consisted of a walk down a very small (if you're claustrophobic, maybe have a re-think) tunnel, into a small room in which the guide proceeded to tell us about Roman ghosts. I don't think it was worth the extra money.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Go for the cellar tour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I really enjoyed a few hours at the Treasurer's House. We paid extra for the cellar ghost tour which was made really enjoyable by the great oratory skills of the National Trust tour guide. Try the delicious scones in the downstairs tea room - delicious!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Good Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My sister & I spent the an hour or so looking around.The guides in the rooms were knowledgeable ,friendly& easy to talk to.
The cafe down stairs was lovely,the scones were to die for!Also polite,friendly staff & great service.
We went on the Ghost cellar tour,very interesting,I'll say no more in case I spoil it,but I kept my eyes firmly on the wall!!
My only niggle was,why not just do both tours for one all in price(also an attic tour,didn't do this so can't comment on what its like)
Thoroughly enjoy house.

Visited March 2012
Lincoln, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
“interesting worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

really interesting, did the cellar tour well worth it. good cafe on site.

Visited March 2012