“Average ” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #240 of 712 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Cafe Luca is a table service licensed cafe,with 70 covers.Serving everything from allday breakfasts ,sandwiches/toasties,soups,main meals,salads,and snacks.With both vegetarian and gluten free options available.Everything is made to order and made on the premesis,including the cakes and sweet treats.A childrens menu is also available and with plenty of room for pushchairs.With an extensive range of drinks including,teas,coffees,soft drinks including the fentimans range and luxury milkshakes made with Yorvale ice cream.We now have a small al fresco area at the front of the cafe,for sunny days, people with dogs or those wanting to smoke.
“Average ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Slightly overpriced for what it is, the staff seems a bit miserable. Ordered two pots of tea, only got one with tea bags in it, the second was only hot water to fill up the other one?..... Very odd

jimbobYork, Owner at Cafe Luca, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Anna P,
Thanks for taking time to write a review for my cafe.It actually made me laugh,for a couple of reasons, I was the person that served you.Not sure if you go out very often,or maybe you're just naive? We serve our tea for two in a tea pot made for two with the teabags in,with an extra complimentary pot of hot water on the side. As its Yorkshire tea and quite strong you can therefore have your tea however you like it,if you like it weaker you can add the hot water.It is a traditional way of serving it,although not many cafes serve there tea this way anymore.I did actually try tell you this when you brought the hot water pot to the counter to say "there isn't any teabags in it?" but you waved me away,which i did actually find quite rude.I am sorry you thought the staff were miserable,which included myself.But You weren't very forthcoming when i came to ask if everything was ok or if you would like anything else, you were quite unresponsive to the point I actually thought you and your partner were having a domestic argument so i didn't like to bother you a second time.You Say you thought we were overpriced which always surprises me,for a city centre cafe in York with table service we are actually quite reasonable.

Shefford, United Kingdom
“Good quality ingredients for a great full English.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went for breakfast after reading other reviews and I have to agree with them, if you are looking for a satisfying fry up using good quality ingredients then you won't be disappointed with Cafe Luca, I had the veggie option with amazing mushrooms and my other half wouldn't stop going on about the quality of his sausage. The service was friendly and it wasn't over priced.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Quick Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We called in for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime. A nice atmosphere with a mix of formal dining area and casual seating. The place was fairly busy but service was quick. A good menu with a range of sandwiches and snacks. The food was very good and reasonably priced. I will definately use this place again

York, United Kingdom
“Quick bite for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Called in for a snack on Saturday lunchtime. Cafe was busy with most tables taken, however we were soon attended to by a friendly young waitress. We chose toasted sandwiches and coffee. The two piping hot cappuccinos came quickly soon followed by the sandwiches. The sandwich selection is quite extensive and there’s something to suit everyone’s tastes. I had the bacon and brie and my partner had brie and red onion marmalade and we'd both be happy to have this again. Prices are reasonable, £15 in total including tip, and worth every penny. We'll certainly use here again.

Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Food was very nice, fairly reasonable prices and very quick service. Good stop for yorkshire tea and cake.

Visited February 2014