“Really Bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 92 Activities in York
London, United Kingdom
“Really Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Based on the fact other tours seemed to be having fun I can only assume this is the worst ghost tour in York. Rambling and no real focus on the subject we all paid our money for .......62 people on our tour.....I know that because like another reviewer I was so bored I just counted the people on it. Be careful they all have similar names and because Trevor has a kind of "celebrity status" because of come dine with me you choose him.......the scariest thing was the fear it might have gone over the planned hour!

Visited October 2013

Preston, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

It was not really worth £6, a lot of the info was from his friends, no personal experiences... The best thing about this tour is that Trevor was on come dine with me...
I wouldn't do it again.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Keep your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went on this walk when I was in York for a few days at the beginning of this month. I had intended to go on a different walk which left from nearby but had mistaken it for this one. I was, however, told that this walk was the original and about the history as well as the ghosts, which is exactly what I wanted so I joined the rest of the group waiting for Mr. Rooney. The first warning that this walk was not worth it was the fact that his large sign dedicates almost all of its space to badmouthing the competition it a very unprofessional way. Something which Mr. Rooney continues to do while he is conducting the walk.

The actual walk consisted of covering a very short distance around the outside of the minster, during which Mr. Rooney dedicate a large portion of the hour (that we had each paid £6 head for) to rambling almost incoherently at great length, bitterly bad mouthing his competition, boasting about the amount of money he supposedly makes running the walks and talking a fair amount of rubbish disguised as history. As for the ghost aspect, the very very few stories he had were after-thoughts and went into very little detail, if any. One stop on the walk was actually to a house where the accompanying story was that nobody had ever seen or heard of a ghost there- seriously.

This walk was none of what it promised. it even lacks basic theatre and enthusiasm. Keep your money and find another walk, don't waste your time.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Theatrical and very entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The walk was very entertaining and Trevor did a very good job of setting a dramatic scene. However, it was a little light on historic details. The walk ended in a pub where Trevor stayed to chat, very friendly and pleasant host.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A walk well thought out and recieved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Trevor Rooney Ghost Walk was well presented and with good humour but also informative,
We can highly recommend this walk and it ends very close to a great old pub.