“If you want to sleep don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IBIS ADVANCE SAVER
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in York
Scotland
“If you want to sleep don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

A sleepless night for both of us. Room very hot -air conditioning did not work. Windows impossible to open. Room very noisy-traffic outside -but even worse was the sound of fellow guests going to and inside their rooms.Every step was heard. All the floor boards creaked-ours included.
The receptionist at the check out was sympathetic and said we could have asked for a change in room but moving having gone to bed not particularly practical.
The room was probably the worst we had ever stayed in. Never again IBIS

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I am dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay, If you would like to discuss your comments please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent hotel, clean, comfortable rooms and superbly friendly and helpful staff.

Would always be my first choice for York. Located close to the Railway station and York City centre.

Wonderful value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am currently in the hotel and if I could leave now, I would. As it is, it is nearly midnight and I have already moved rooms once. The first room came with added extras such as matted hair on the carpet, pubic hairs on the bathroom floor and cobwebs a good four or five inches long on the curtains. Not to mention an air conditioning unit that doesn't work. A particular delight when it's been close to 30 degrees all day. A thoughtful extra was the sink that wouldn't go down and the generous sprinkling of dust on the teacups. Upon complaining we were moved to another room on a lower floor. On first appearances this seemed like a much nicer room. Although anything would seem nicer following a walk along the corridors that time forgot; maybe they had to pay extra to pump in the old lady smell... Tired from all the moving, I was heartened to find I'd been left a gift on my pillow. Not a chocolate though - dried blood. Far fewer calories I suppose... Although I should really look on the bright side. Not only does the air conditioning in this room work, but they've kindly added extra ventilation to the sheets in the form of a giant rip. It's touches like these that really make a birthday trip away special. Do yourselves a favour and find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Following our recent conversation I hope that I have addressed the issues you mentioned to your satisfaction. If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me again directly at the hotel.
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good value for money. Stayed for 2 nights so convenient for York centre just a ten minute stroll nice not to have to drive . Rooms in the front good size ,comfy beds nice en suite facilities and when the windows are closed no noise at all. Very friendly staff on reception ,in the bar and in the restaurant at breakfast time . Free WI-FI but not in room which is a pain only in the public areas . Breakfast eat what you like self service good selection we had a real good deal £55.0 for 2 nights including breakfast. Only moan is very limited parking. We couldn't get in the car park but just pass the hotel on left you can leave your car in the road free of charge for as long as you want . Not many roads like this in York . What surprised me though was at least 5 cars in the car park belonging to staff they had notices in car windows saying staff car if inway contact reception . With very limited parking i don't think staff should be allowed to park in the hotel small car park .

Room Tip: Front rooms better view than rear which overlook chimneys .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving your review.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We are currently undergoing upgrades in our Wi-Fi at the hotel, which will result if Wi-Fi being available in all our rooms, so I'm sure that should you choose to stay with us in the future you should see an improvement.

I am dissapointed to hear that you did not find a space in our car park, should you have mentioned that you had seen staff cars in our car park we would of course moved them immediatly as guest satisfaction is our number one priority.
Chatham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 night while I was in York from The Mallard 75 celebrations and I couldn't be more comfortable here. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the food was excellent especially the Full English breakfast and their 'Authentic Curry of the Day' was out of this would.

Room Tip: About 10 minutes or less walk from Town center and train station
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us when visiting the city to see the Mallard celebrations.

Thank you also for such positive comments regarding the team and our F&B department.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

What a little Diamond this place is ! Ok, the rooms aren't massive but who wants to stay in your room when you're visiting York ?
Perfectly located for the centre, station and racecourse. Really comfy bed, shower you could stay in for hours; great staff, fantastic breakfast.
6 of us stayed ( not in the same room of course ! ) and we all agreed we'll be back next year....highly recommended !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a positive review regarding your recent stay at ibis York.

I am pleased to see that yourself and your party enjoyed your recent stay. I agree with your comment regarding the room size, when you are in such a beautiful city you would want to spend as much time in the city rather than your room.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and please feel free to contact the hotel directly where we can offer the best available rate.

Been to Ibis York Centre? Share your experiences!