“Invaluable service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in York
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Invaluable service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a night in this hotel recently and felt obliged to write a review based on my experience of the wonderful hospitality of the staff.
After an unpleasant situation I found myself in upon check out at this hotel, the staff were extremely considerate, helpful and accommodating to me. This, I found invaluable as my problem was not there problem and they did not need to assist me in any way. I cannot thank the staff and manager enough for how they treated me on that day and that kind of customer service will get them far.
The hotel itself is basic but nice, central and clean. A great night cap hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to friends in the future, and have in fact discussed it with one for her hen do stop over. This is, as aforementioned, based on my experience here and by given the comfort to know that you are looked after, in any event.
Much thanks again.

• Stayed January 2013
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay.

My team will always go out of their way to ensure every guest has a pleasurable stay.

Should you wish to stay again in the future please feel free to contact Lisa, at the hotel who will happily assist you with any group bookings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I spent my graduation weekend here with my friends and family. We had a couple of issues with the heating, but immediately solved with the staff (Lauren has been amazing!) at the reception being very nice with us. Breakfast is also good, while mattress and pillow will make you have the best sleep ever!
Best budget hotel ever!

Room Tip: once inside the room, check immediately if the heating is working.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will also forward your comments to Lauren, who as a new member of staff will be pleased to hear that she has left a lasting impession with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis York in the future.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The location was a bit of a hit and miss. It was relatively close to the train station but not close enough to walk really: prob 15-20 min walk but with luggage? A short 4 pound taxi ride seems more logical. That's ok I guess.

The room was spacious with cosy decor but heating was a little inadequate and the room got quite cold at times. The on-site restaurant was good: I would recommend the lamb shank and baby ribs. Although located quite far from the city centre, there were quite a few eating places and also a supermarket in the vicinity. Overall not a bad place to stay!

York itself is a surprisingly small yet pleasant place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in our beautiful, yet compact city.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis York in the future.
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

There was nothing special about this hotel. The Beds were ok, the room was ok (a bit small), thr bathroom was ok. The television in the room did not work, and they didn't carry any irons in the rooms. For the price we paid for the night, it was definitely not worth what we paid. Overall, I was not very impressed.

Room Tip: Small sized rooms for the price you pay.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
I am dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

If any issues are brought to the attention of my team they will do their upmost to rectify during your stay, because we certainly do not want any guest leaving the hotel unimpressed.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss your stay further.
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

An ideal location for me. Very quiet when I was there. Nice room, well insulated from street noise. Excellent value breakfast and good evening meal also excellent value for money. Only issue was wireless internet only functioned properly in the bar/restaurant area. Staff polite and attentive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I'm pleased to here that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We have just compleated the upgrade of secondary glazing in our rooms, so I am pleased to hear that this has been noticed in relatation to noise heard by our guests.

I will pass on your comments to the food & beverage team, whom I'm sure will be pleased with such positive comments.

Due to feedback such as yours regarding WiFi in the hotel we will be upgrading our WiFi during 2013, so please let me thank your for your comments. Feedback is the best way for us to improve our service for the guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A group of us stayed there on a lads stag night, it was cheap enough, located near Micklegate so its fairly central, has a bar and is clean - other than that, there's not much to say really - its just an inoffensive chain hotel. If that's all you want and the price is right then why not, its not that easy to get good budget accommodation in Central York. If you don't want to pay the earth then you shouldn't really expect it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Like you stated we are a budget hotel and while we are a basic hotel, my staff will always go the extra mile for guests.

I would like to welcome you back to Ibis York in the future.

Been to Ibis York Centre? Share your experiences!