“A real Gem. A++++++++” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in York
Romford, United Kingdom
“A real Gem. A++++++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very dog friendly. Free parking. The staff are wonderfully helpfull, polite, and pleasent ( a major credit to Ibis) . The room was lovely and large (all be a little dated in colour scheme) and very clean. The shower was fantastic. Food great. We were made very welcome. They did have a small section of the dinning area closed due to the flooding, but this did not interfere with the stay at all. Will definatly be staying here again in the future!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and i will pass on your kind words to my team.

Please let me take this oppertunity to welcome you back to Ibis York in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was discusting!
I stayed here in october for my birthday as i love york but would never stay here again!
Carpark - Stupidly small, tried to squeeze in to many places! Ended up scratching car!
Reception - Dont let the cleanliness & moderness fool you. Two young dipsy and sarcastic blondes holding reception. Really rude to be honest.
Room - oldy worldy, wasnt hoovered, hard bed, carpet had no lining under, window wouldnt open, tv broke, smelling fusty, teenagers partying in the next room also smoking, complained they did nothing young girl said "well it is friday"!
Bathroom - mucky, could wash your hands, get showered and use the toilet at the same time it was that small! Towels had yellow stains also hard!
When i finally got to sleep, breakfast was rotten! Was hard and taste as though been left a while, mucky fork.

There was more but going into to much im sure this is enough for you not to stay here! Please dont waste your money, soend that bit extra for somewhere actually in York, ibis is that far awY from the town its a 30 min walk down a steep hill which you walk up after!

DONT STAY HERE

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Due to the date of your stay, November 2011, I am unable to investigate with my team the comments that you have stated.

With regrds to the hard beds, I would like to mention that we have listened to guest feedback and as a company we have changed all our beds worldwide to memory foam matresses, for which we are getting very positive feedback.

We have employed a new head housekeeper and Food & Beverage team leader, so both departments have seen vast improvements.

I would like to take this oppertunity to welcome you back to Ibis York in the future to witness for yourself the improvements that we have put in place and also experience our new beds.
Westport, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I arrived around 10pm and was told by 3 different members of staff that someone else would help me - but none of them seemed particularly busy. Check in was a relatively unfriendly affair.

The room was cold and dampish but the bed quite comfortable. Few tv channels and I couldnt find the movie option I had extra paid for.

Breakfast was varied but quality average to poor.

Free parking is a bonus - behind the hotel.

Personally I have had a better experience at the Premier Inn just down the road.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

I will of course speak to the relivent teams regarding your comments.

I would like to take this opertunity to welcome you back to Ibis York in the future for what I'm sure would be a pleasurable stay.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Hotel was well situated. The main areas were well designed and clean. the room was a little shabby. Staff were pleasant and helpful.
However, we wanted a twin room and ended up with a double which was not suitable and one of us ended up sleeping on the floor. for the price this was not good value for money!
I was informed this was because I booked through the website and there is no option to choose the type of room!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks you for your review.

I am happt to hear that you found the hotel well situated for your stay.

I will pass on your comments regarding the internet not giving an option for room type when booking on line.

Should you wish to book with us in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel in order for me to guarentee your room type before arrival.
lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

lovely hotel we were surprised they had vacancies as the food festival was on in york centre. the rooms where very clean, the staff where lovely & the breakfast was exelent , i would definetly recomend this hotel. it is not to far to walk to the city centre

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other web users.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis York in the future.
Isle of Man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Chose the Ibis after looking at a few other hotels based on it having a car park and being fairly central, turned out to be a good choice due to the flooding in York at the time of our visit.

Accomdation was the usual budget hotel standard. Rooms, bathrooms and linen were clean and the rooms were a decent size. Staff were efficient and friendly. They made sure we were aware of the problems with the flooding situation in the center of York and provided maps of the city. Check in and out was very quick.

We didn't eat at the hotel but the restaurant did seem farily busy. There are lots of restaurants and takeaways in the area so no need to walk into town if you don't want to and there is a Sainsburys Local across the road for any essentials you might need.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that the hotel lived up to expecations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis York in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

stayed here recently for a one night stay during the recent heavy rain.
there was a major leak in the bar area. the staff could not have acted faster to evacuate the hotel, arrange somewhere dry and warm for everyone to wait while they sorted out another hotel for us to spend the night.
there were the usual moaners who complained about having to move hotels,but i'm sure they would have moaned more if there had been any further problems at the ibis.
i can not praise the staff highly enough especially the manageress and the young lady who came down the premier inn to ensure all the guests were checked in correctly
due to the customer service we will defiantly come back to the ibis in the future.
thanks again ibis

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review.

I was on duty during the collapse of the ceiling in the bar. This had been caused by the exceptional downpour of rain that we had in York.

I was very proud of the way my team handled the situation, but it is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback from guests.

If you would like to book again in the future with us, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Been to Ibis York Centre? Share your experiences!