My fiancee and Ihave just returned from a wonderful 3 night stay at Middlethorpe.
We stayed in Room 24 in the Courtyard, which was both spacious and extremely comfortable. It was also nice to find little touches such as the complimentary mineral water, biscuits, fruit bowl and daily laundered bathrobes. The early morning tea was fantastic too, just what you need at 8am!
We had breakfast each morning and also afternoon tea on our penultimate day. The quality and presentation of the food could not be faulted and was delicious. In particular afternoon tea on the terrace in the late afternoon sun was one of our highlights, terrific.
As we wanted to see as much of the local attractions as possible, we only spent an hour and a half in the Spa. The facilities that we did use (pool, steam room, sauna and whirlpool) were all excellent.
However, a hotel is only as good as the team that runs it, and we both felt that the level of service we received was pretty much perfect. The welcome we received from Mike on our arrival really set the tone. First impressions count, and Mike was warm, friendly and very welcoming. At reception our check in process was handled quickly and efficiently, a big thumbs up to all the reception staff! All the waiters/waitresses, particularly those at breakfast, were wonderful and a credit to Middlethorpe. Our room was looked after to the highest level and many thanks go to the housekeeping staff! I am aware that there are also many other people such as the laundry staff who work behind the scenes but are still vital and provide a much needed service. So we would like to thank the entire team at Middlethorpe for making our stay so wonderful!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, and we will definitely be staying there again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York