Enjoyed the pool. The garden is pretty, the staff pleasant, but the courtyard room was cramped and cluttered, decor tired and fussy, and the floor above squeaked badly. Linens were clean but the good big bed was spoiled by heavy blankets and coverlet. Television had very limited selection of channels, while internet connection had to be requested. The tiny bathroom offered a nice selection of toiletries. Breakfast in the restaurant was disappointing, with chilled yoghurts, chopped fruit, cereals, juices and milk laid out on windowsills directly above hot radiators. Dinner at night was good but grossly overpriced. Middlethorpe is historically interesting but lacking the ambience and amenities of a proper four star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York