“A Delightful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“A Delightful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My mother and I always enjoy York and our visit was enhanced by the choice of accommodation. Ideally placed for the various attractions the staff were courteous, helpful and patient. My mother and I both have mobility limitations and assistance was immediately available. The breakfast choices were numerous and the porridge was the best I have tasted this side of the Scottish border. Eating in the bar was also an enjoyable experience. Cleanliness and hygiene were first class and we had a room that slept 4 so plenty of room. I would recommend it to anyone whether the trip is one of leisure, business or involves children.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Good morning and many thanks for your comments. I am extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and would recommend the hotel. I have passed on your review to the team so that they can appreciate the importance of their hard work. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel York in the near future. Thank you once again.

Christophe Ughetto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you are visiting York for any reason this is probably as good a choice as any it is comfortable and near enough to everything you are likely to want to see for the average person to be able to walk to. The reception was very friendly and though we did not need any help i was confident we would have received had we asked. We did not eat in the hotel so can not comment on that but the room and bathroom etc were of a good standard. If you are staying try and get a room with a view of the river at the back i imagine its better than the view of the car park. I would be happy to recommend this hotel to friend and that's always a compliment.

Room Tip: try and get a view of the river. The rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning. Just a few words to thank you for your review. I am pleased you had a good time in York and delighted you would recommend us as a base. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you or your friends back to the hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Hi, my wife and I stayed at this Novotel last weekend. From the moment we signed in (late on Friday night) until when we signed out on the Monday we had an excellent time. The staff were ALL very helpful, the food from the restaurant was excellent!!! and the Fosters beer was LOVELY and ICE COLD :)

We had a room overlooking the River Ouse and the views were fantastic. We were there on a friday and saturday night and didn't hear a sound from fellow guests.

This was our first experience of Novotel hotels, and after this experience we will definitely be booking with them again. Next time we are visiting York (Easter hopefully) we will definitely be staying at this hotel

Tommy and Jane

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Good morning. I just wanted to thank you for your very kind comments. I have passed them on to the team and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am to read them. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Easter at the Novotel York. Wishing you all the best until then.

salisbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Well located being 10 minutes stroll from the city centre, yet quiet if your room is at the back overlooking the rivers. Very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfasts with a wide choice. Comfortable spacious room, good bathroom. Quiet warm swimming pool. Will definitely stay again. Next time we will try the Elements restaurant, the menu looked good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Good morning and many thanks for your review. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and would consider using us again in the future. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Devizes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Typical Novotel style....SLIGHTLY less polished than the Novotel I stayed at in Cardiff - although excellent friendly service & crisp, clean rooms. Great buffet style breakfast, reasonable parking rates for just off City Centre. Sadly didn't get to use the pool though!xx

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Good morning. Many thanks for your comments and for using both Novotel York and Novotel Cardiff. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back in one of our hotels in th very near future. Thank you once again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel. The first time I really enjoyed my stay and found the hotel welcoming and clean. On my last visit to York I stayed at the Cedar Court hotel and was very dissapointed (mainly with the arrogance of the staff and mistakes that were made with our room) and so I decided that this time I would return to the Novotel. Once again I was not dissapointed. Extremely friendly staff and a warm welcome awaited. The room was clean and spacious and had all the amenities that the Cedar Court offered (minus some lip balm and Molton Brown toiletries) but is more than half the price. It is a 10-15 minute walk into York town centre which I didn't find too bad and has a car park at the hotel which is £10 for 24 hours. My partner and I had a drink in the bar after dinner and enjoyed relaxing on the comfy chairs and watching a bit of tv in the lobby. It had a really nice atmosphere. Would probably stay here again next time I visit York.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Good afternoon. On behalf of the whole team here at the Novotel, I would like to thank you for your review. We are all delighted to read you enjoyed your second stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again.

Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had a work conference here a couple of days ago, what a pleasant venue
Good carparking 5£ for the day.
Very friendly and helpful staff and the snacks and buffet lunch were far better than anticipated and quite different to the normal fare for training and conferences
Will certainly return and use these excellent facilities in the future

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Good morning. Thank you very much for your comments. We do rarely get reviews with regards to our conference and banqueting offerings so I am delighted to read you had a good meeting. I have passed on your comments to the Conference team. They are very pleased! Thank you once again for your review. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Christophe

Been to Novotel York Centre? Share your experiences!