“relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in York
Berwick, United Kingdom
“relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

arrived to a very friendly welcome. room was good size and very clean, decent bathroom with good shower. parked in premier inn car park and felt it was a safe place to leave your car. highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

excellent four day stay. Very good location, good food, comfortable beds, courteous staff, good value for money
The ideal spot for a city break. Within a five minute walk there are two pubs serving all day meals , a cinema, Pizza Hut , fish and chips, and a supermarket. A good really good location. Had a fine few days.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

north of england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Don't get me wrong, I still think Premier Inn is without a doubt the best budget hotel around, even better than some of the other big chains, certainly more comfortable. But my experience at the weekend did put me off a bit. We rang the hotel when we were almost there on saturday to see if there was the chance of a room being ready as I wasn't feeling great, I know its 2 o'clock check in but sometimes they let you in earlier. Arrived about 1.15pm as, was met by a pleasant young man but alas informed us there were still no rooms ready, he said we were welcome to leave our cases in the back room and get a drink while we waited as I needed to sit down. My husband kept his eye on the desk so a queue didn't suddenly appear, at ten minutes to 2.00pm we went back to the desk, another couple just got there before us and they were checked in so I thought thank goodness for that. We were staying just the one night bur had 2 rooms as my daughter and her friend were with us. When it was our turn we were told there were still no rooms, I was quite annoyed at this time, I said but the other couple had just been given a room, we only wanted one room to be ready, but the answer was a firm but polite no. I asked again 5 mins later, no. The lady didn't even ring upstairs to the relevant person to see if a room was ready. Miraculously at 2.00pm a woman appeared with a clip board with the numerous rooms ready for checking, you can't tell me there wasn't just one ready much earlier. I have stayed in many Premier Inns and do you know if there are any rooms already ready they ask if you would like to check in, I've not even asked. Last time we visited Prem Inn Bl St Sth there was 10 of us and the rooms were still not ready at 2.0'clock and we had to wait for ages, then there was a mix up with the names and they tried to charge my friends that days flexible rate which was real expensive when `i had booked it on a saver rate, this matter took a long time to sort out and we were made to feel it was our fault. Back to saturday though, my other gripe was I wanted to use the phone to ring down to reception to get a number for a local restaurant, searched high and low but there was no phone, went down to reception and was told there was no phones in Premier Inns any more and hadn't been for a long time, so I told her we had stayed at Liverpool only 4 weeks before and there were phones there definitely. Other than that, the room was nice as usual, the bed was extremely comfy and have no complaint about the cleanliness. Just the programmed arrogance of some of the staff, just playing it by the book regarding checking in, well for some anyway, cannot forget they checked the other couple in when I was desperate, I know most reputable places would bend over backwards to accommodate their guests by at least asking housekeeping if a room was ready, but they were not the slightest bit interested, we were just fobbed off. I work in customer service myself, I do understand the problems that can occur on a day to day basis, especially in hospitality yet I found the customer service in this particular Premier Inn to be lacking, I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, no views but you are not there to stand looking out your window!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
newmarket, suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

what can i say .... the staff were excellent especially the ladt who worked at that weekends and in a primary school during the week , lots of knowledge and very very friendly!!

staff were helpful in the breakfast area asking what you would like , a true pleasure!!

comfy beds for both ma , n , pa, but most important ..... my little girl slept from 7:30pm.........till 7:30 AM ....bonus for mum n dad, but most important for our neighbours , as they didn't have to endure PEPPA PIG EARLY ON!! HAHA , loved the stay !!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
lincoln-england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night and had a very comfortable stay . Our room was very clean and well equipped .Very pleasant young lady checked us in and advised us about parking (behind hotel ) which was very good seeing we were in the centre of York . There is a table table restaurant attached to it where we had an evening meal which was excellent as was the service from the young man who waited on us during our visit . Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a city break .

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We can recommend this hotel for comfort and convenience of location when it comes to easy walking distance to York center. The receptionist was extremely friendly and polite when we arrived and the accommodation was pristine and quiet. The only downside to the weekend was ordering our Sunday lunch in the Premier restaurant. We were very disappointed with the meal which was more like a 'tv dinner' than a good hearty sunday lunch with home made Yorkshire's and fresh vegetables!. Although we will be staying with the Premier Inn again at some point I think we'll be taking our meals elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent hotel. Clean, comfortable, well designed and represents very good value for money. Highly recommended. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The overall quality doesn't reflect the budget price. I stayed in a travelodge last year for double the price and was appalled at the poor quality. I will definitely stay here again when I return to York.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Been to Premier Inn York City - Blossom St South? Share your experiences!