Booked this on line after looking at Trip Advisor and was a little sceptical with it not a City Hotel but was very pleasantly surprised, lovely spacious entrance, greeted at the door and car driven away securely, the rooms are very large we booked a classic nothing special it was twice as big as what you get in London, lovely, the only one complaint is there was a musty smell in the room couldn't figure out what it was but you soon lost it once in there, we were in room 5.
The Bathrooms are great spacious showers, if you can figure out the taps to get it going but once you do its amazing
Breakfast was exceptional, quality cutlery and pots, food was outstanding and service
We will be back in a month.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa