Lovely hotel, and excellent service from the receptionist, doorman, concierge, porters, bellboys etc. turn down service and complimentary shoe shine. i have stayed at the best hotels all over the world and the worst service is always found in Britain. Not at this hotel! The customer service is the best I have experienced in this country and the only quibble I found was the bar staff at the whiskey lounge were particularly slow at taking orders. Apart from that, relaxing, lovely spa and spacious, luxurious rooms with nice big bathrooms. And Molten Brown bath gels too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa