Me and my partner spent one night at the Cedar Grand on the 8th of Feb, as a Birthday Celebration.
We are a young couple and in no way are we posh, people in previous reviews have mentioned feeling judged, but i would strongly disagree. All staff were very helpful and friendly espically Jordi who showed us to our room and explained what all the different dials etc in the room controlled.
Debit or credit card pre-authorisation required when checking in. No charge if credit card, but £100 if debit card swiped. This is refunded if you don't run a room tab,
Valet parking is £20 which is quite good considering how much parking is in York anyway. Just slightly embarrassing when your driving a shed of a car haha!
Hotel is only minutes away from the busy centre of York, but we didn't hear a single sound whilst in our room!
We stayed in a executive room, which consisted of a huge bed which so comfortable you basically sank into it and didn't want to get up!
A flat screen tv
A well stocked mini bar
Table and chairs
large wardrobe with plenty of drawers and hanging space
a shoe rack
Bathroom was beautiful
His and hers basins
His and hers twin showers
Large marble top bath big enough for two
Under floor heating
Speakers in ceiling of bathroom to listen to tv/music
Large and plush towels
Lots of Molton Brown products
We ordered room service on a few occasions and the food was lovely and very well presented. I don't think the food was overpriced for the quaility and the standard of service.
Its a £5 tray charge as with most hotels for room service
Cleaners come into room between 6pm and 9.30pm for the turn down service, bed is all prepared for sleeping, weather forecast, mouthwash and lipbalm left on pillow which i thought was a lovely touch and our bathroom has been tidied and i am positive the towels changed
Overall not a bad thing to say about this hotel and I think this hotel is worth every penny, so much so we have just booked again for my Birthday in March and i can not wait
I hope this is helpful to those reading :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa