I stayed in the Cedar Court Grand on a girls weekend away with my sister. We shared a room which was really spacious and comfortable. All of the ceilings in the building and in the bedrooms are incredibly high. It felt like a really grand place to stay and the service was friendly and courteous - I like a hotel that provides bathrobes and slippers in the room, lovely toiletries and offers a turn-down service in the evening!
We didn't try out the spa, we were too busy out shopping and having tea at Betty's which is a good itinerary if you are planning an overnight stay with the girls.
We had a quick G&T in the bar before heading out for a meal elsewhere (Burbridges - lovely) and a night on the tiles in York (Kennedy's Bar - good, closes at 2am; Voodoo - a bit grim but necessary if you still want to dance the night away).
My only nitpicking criticism of the room would be the miniscule sink in the bathroom. For the size of the bathroom and any human staying at the hotel, the sink was too small. I expect it is something to do with the fact that the bathroom was modified to be suitable for any disabled travellers, but I would still value a bigger sink if I was disabled I think. My only nitpicking criticism of the service would be the length of wait to be seated for breakfast on Sunday morning which was about 15 minutes - but the staff dealt with this with wonderfully - so only one star lost.
A lovely hotel in a great location just 5 mins walk from the train station and 5 minutes walk along the amazing city walls to the shops. Perfect for a pampering weekend away with the girls or with your other half.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York