We normally stay at hotel du Vin in York, so this was a new option for us. It was dreadful, Travelling with our 23 month old daughter, we booked a 'family room' - had to change rooms as they were not able to accommodate her in the first room. The next smelt of manure. Turn down service was a pile of towels balanced on the edge of the bath. Our little girl played tea sets in the bedroom and spilt probably the equivilent of 2 ice cubes in the floor, which they had a fit about... Saying they would normally charge extra for cleaning spillage!!!! Avril was the beastly manager in charge on that morning - even Hansel and Gretal would be terrified of that one....avoid, unless you too hate families with small children...
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel and Venere so you can book your Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.