“Amazing!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Luxury For Less
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in York
“Amazing!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic hotel.Really warm and friendly staff made me and my wife very welcome.The rooms were beautiful with all the comfort you expect from a 5 star hotel.Valet parking available which is 20 pound but at least you know your car is safe.Would definitely recommend!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent anniversary stay with us. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout.

Thank you also for paying special mention tom our hard working & dedicated team who are of course the hotel’s best asset.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team here at The Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Graeme Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Every experience we had at the hotel was fantastic, including spa treatments and facilities, the room and the restaurant! I would highly reccomemt this hotel to anyone who is looking for a luxurious weekend away in a beautiful city! I stayed at the hotel for a surprise off my boyfriend for my birthday and everything was brilliant from flowers and chocolates arranged for me in the room to a fantastic experience at the spa not forgetting the lovely meal and breakfast at the grill room! Best get saving for another stay! :)

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, especially your time spent in our award winning Spa and Grill Room Restaurant.

Sutton Coldfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Treated my lovely wife to a visit to York for her birthday and stayed at the Cedar Court Grand hotel. Tremnedous from start to finish. The bedroom, spacious and comfortable, great breakfasts, superb dinner in he dining room, excellent service and wonderful Spa. Also they have kept some of the fine old touches from being the former Railway Headquarters in York.
Plenty to see and do in York and excellent location.
Thoroughly recommend. Regards Gary Saunders

Room Tip: I imagine they would all be great rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent celebratory stay with us.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Me and my wife celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary, it was absolutely wonderful , thanks to everyone in the hotel who made our stay very enjoyable. Stress buster treatment in the spa was out of this world. Thank you

Room Tip: Executive room is the best
Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, especially your treatments in our Spa.

Teesside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at the Cedar Court Grand for one night as a wedding anniversary treat. I booked it as I loved the look of the spa facilities and the fact it was walking distance to town and to our favourite restaurant 'Del Rios'. The hotel is beautiful, we were in a standard room which was huge! I had requested a dvd player for our room so we could watch our wedding dvd and it was not a problem at all, it was there when we arrived. Love the period features and the decor of the hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We booked spa treatments which were amazing, I had the yummy mummy package and felt fabulous afterwards, very relaxing. We were disappointed that the steam room and jacuzzi were out of order while we were there which was a shame. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food or restaurant but we did have drinks in the hotel bar before bed, I had a non alcoholic cocktail and it was delicious, the bar staff were, again, very welcoming and professional. All in all we had a great stay here.

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, in particular your time spent in our Spa having treatments and cocktails in our Cocktail Bar.

I’m sorry that 2 of our facilities within the spa were not functioning. It’s uncommon for anything not to function so 2 going down at once is extremely bad luck. Unfortunately modern technology can sometimes fail us.

Thank you also for paying special mention to our hard working & dedicated team who are of course the hotel’s best asset. I

Preston, Lancashire.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Very impressed with this beautiful building and with the level of service on our one night stay. We were upgraded on our arrival but moved rooms as there was some problem with the tap in our original room. The second room was just as nice, although it was clearly a room for the disabled as the wash basin was very low down and the shower was over the bath. This did not detract from our enjoyment.The bed was fantastically comfortable and the television bigger than the one in our sitting room! The pool area was very clean and well- managed, although I did not experience the spa. The friendliness of all staff added to the five star feeling.Fabulous!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, especially your time spent in our Award Winning Spa.

Thank you also for paying special mention to our dedicated team who are of course the hotel’s best asset. I’ll be sure to relay your kind words.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

In celebration of al friends 40 s birthday , we decided to take a day trip to York Races combined with a stay over at the Cedar Court Grand.
From the moment we arrived, the service and attention of the hotel team was exemplary. From the valet parking when we arrived to the warm conversation from the waitress at breakfast, nothing was too much trouble.
The food was first class in the Grill Room on the Saturday evening and the team in the bar when we arrived early Saturday morning were more than happy to take our orders for our obligatory pre race meeting bacon sandwiches - which by the way were the best we've ever tasted!
The team in the spa were very accomodating and more than happy for us to use the changing facilities to get ready for the races which made a pleasant and relaxing start to the day. We followed up our visit to the sap the following morning and thoroughly enjoyed the first class facilities on offer.
We haven't even touched on the amazing bedrooms. All one can say is WOW!

We certainly recommend the experience to our friends and family and we look forward to coming back same time next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent Birthday stay with us.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, in particular your time spent in our Award Winning Restaurant.

Graeme Clark

Been to Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!