Great hotel with really spacious rooms (executive rooms). We loved the fact this building used to be the old sorting house for the Post Office - lots and lots of orginal features!!
Polite and friendly staff.
Very moden spa with an excellent jacuzzi. After a long day of walking round York, it was great to relax in the pool/sauna/jacuzzi. It always seemed to be quiet there which was nice.
Centrally located in York and close to all the attractions - literally 5 minutes walk to York Minister. Parking is also available at the hotel which is a big bonus.
Next time we visit York, this is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa