“Great Italian food and drink” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #167 of 712 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Gnosall, United Kingdom
“Great Italian food and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We arrived on the off chance to see if we could get a table. No problem, great service with a very good selection of drinks and food. The service was continuously good and between dishes we were not bombarded with dish after dish, all at a relaxed pace. The food was of an exceptionally good standard. If staying at York Minster Hotel then this restaurant is only a quick walk from the hotel, we went here on the recommendation of the staff at the York Minster Hotel. Highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Pickering, United Kingdom
“Excellent, authentic and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been here many times, the latest being yesterday lunchtime when I called in 'on spec' with my aunt and uncle. We had three different pasta meals, and just stuck to coffee rather than wine etc. All the food was freshly cooked and delicious. The service was efficient and friendly, as ever. It did gradually fill up and a very large party came in just as we got our main meals. It was good value at just over £40 for three main meals and six cups of coffee. I have read poor reviews of this restaurant, but living near York I have been in and out of this one quite regularly and I have never had cause to complain. I would say it is definitely worth a try, and just a short step from the art gallery, theatres etc. Certainly better than the Jamie Oliver quasi-Italian, in my view. This is the real deal!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful family run Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Lovely restaurant, extensive menu, great staff and fantastic food. The Italian owner was very friendly and we felt really welcome. I will definitely be going back on my next visit.

Visited November 2012
York, United Kingdom
“Made my boy's birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My son chose his birthday dinner and it had to be here! Fortunately we were coming to York to a theatre matinee and an evening event so our dinner here was a perfect choice. The welcome was warm, the food was delicious as always, and the birthday surprise so wonderful, he talked about it all the way home! Thank you for making his birthday extra special! X

Preston, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed in York for 2nights in October and had no idea where to eat. This restaurant was close to our b&b so we booked a table. So pleased we did. The food was amazing-varied menu plenty of choice to suit all tastes and budgets. Fresh sea-bass cooked to perfection. The lasagne was the best I have ever tasted. Kids loved their meals and especially the puddings. Great house red wine at a reasonable price. Efficient service and a real buzz to the place. Highly recommend you try this great Italian restaurant when in York. 5 min walk from minster to give you an idea of location.

• Visited October 2012