“Simply the best Indian I have ever eaten in !!! Amazing food and service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mumbai Lounge

Mumbai Lounge
47 Fossgate, York YO1 9TF, England
01904 654155
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 714 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
“Simply the best Indian I have ever eaten in !!! Amazing food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the best Indian food we have ever eaten (and we lived in London for 20 years).The service is impeccable .... Hard to tear ourselves away to eat anywhere else !!! 100% recommended !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A good curry.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

After reading the many excellent reviews, i decided to visit the Mumbai Lounge. I found the service to be good as well as the atmosphere of the restaurant. However the food in my opinion was good but not as described the best in York. I have eaten many curry in York and Yorkshire and I would class this food as average. Also i felt the portions compared with other cury houses on the small side considering the prices charged. In saying that I would eat here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
York, United Kingdom
“easily the best curry in york”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I live in York and trust me this place is the best. I have been many times and always the food and service is fantastic but in particular I went with a group of 15 men (stag do) and found the set menu brilliant value for money and despite the large group the service was never compromised.

Visited April 2013
Liverpool
“Excellent food but some small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Order from the list of the chef's special curries and you will not be disappointed. A range of very interesting meals including unusual ingredients e.g. pumpkin and whole almonds. Those who have a large appetite may need to order a starter, main meal and a side order of chappatis or naan breads in order to leave feeling completely full.

Visited February 2013
Wirral
“Excellent food quality and choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were a party of cyclists passing through York. A local contact had recommended the Mumbai Lounge. Staff were very courteous and prepared to adapt the dishes for fussy eaters. The food presentation was very clever and almost like works of art. Tasted good too. I did feel that we were under pressure to keep drinking as glasses were topped up frequently and we waited a long time between starters and mains - it was only when I asked where our second course was that it arrived immediately. Drinks seemed expensive (nearly 60% of the toatl bill) but I guess that where all restaurants make their money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere