“Lovely meal” 4 of 5 stars

York, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Second visit to the Indian lounge . Again lovely food
The atmosphere is unlike many restaurants very quiet but pleasant
Also very good value
Defo visit again soon

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Meal Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Absolutely delicious food and very reasonably priced. Excellent service, extensive menu all of which sounded delicious. Both my boyfriend and I decided it was the best Indian food we've ever tasted! Very friendly staff too and a nicely decorated modern restaurant.

Visited March 2014
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Me and my girlfriend ate here earlier this evening after failed attempts at getting a table is Mumbai Spice.
We were really pleasantly apprised by the quality of food. I went for lamb chops to start and my girlfriend had chicken chaat. Both really delicious. The lamb was the best I've ever had - great value for money at under £4.
Main courses were brilliant to - I went for a king prawn chefs special and my girlfriend had chicken tikka.
Would recommend the draft beer too - mongoose - really crisp and refreshing!

York, United Kingdom
“Very good food and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have used Indian Lounge regularly over the last two years but have never posted a review previously ( my inertia and no fault of the restaurant). Last night ( Friday) I went with a party of six for dinner. We ordered the usual papadoms and pickles to start with, followed by 4 main courses of different lamb/chicken curries, several different rices and naans, 4 vegetarian side dishes and a king prawn starter all to be served together. The food arrived as requested and in good time. The portions were of a good size and, with the exception of the king prawn starter which was very dry and heavily bread crumbed, beautifully cooked and presented. The staff are friendly and attentive without being intrusive.
With drinks ( 5 bottles of Indian lager, 2 large glasses of red wine, a large mango juice, and 5 coffees), the total bill came to £119 which worked out at £20 per person. This represented excellent value which has been my recollection of my previous visits to this restaurant.
If you like north Indian food I strongly recommend the Indian Lounge.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
yorkshire
“Read the very mixed reviews .....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

after visiting, without booking, at 7 on a Friday night. Best lamb dishes we've ever had in an Indian, and we're a bit fussy about our lamb! £60 for the three of us, which included 4 poppadums, 3 mains, 2 rices, a naan, a chipatti and 4 pints of Mongoose lager. Excellent night!

• Visited February 2014