“First Class Accommodation and Service” 5 of 5 stars

The Willows
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   35 Bagdale, Whitby YO21 1QL , England   |
Ranked #23 of 144 Whitby B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“First Class Accommodation and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Recently stayed at The Willows for a long weekend away in Whitby and I have to say that both Martin and Deb were fantastic hosts. Unfortunately, during our stay, my partner was admitted to Scarborough Hospital due to a previously undiagnosed condition which came a bit out of the blue but Martin and Deb were wonderful and supported me immensely during this difficult time. I cannot thank them enough. I should say that the room was fantastic, very comfortable and cosy with excellent facilities and lovely ambiance. I cannot also praise the breakfast highly enough. There was plenty on offer including a great selection of cereals (the muesli was lovely!) and fruit of which I partook and a choice of cooked breakfasts as well. I had the full English every day which was extremely tasty due to the locally produced ingredients used and there was also plenty of toast which I always slathered with Deb's marvellous home made jam of which there were different ones to try every day. I have a big appetite and I can say without doubt that I was lovely and full after my breakfast which saw me through to later in the day. The location is also perfect, being only a 2 min walk to the habour and all the quaint streets and shops. My partner and I will definitely be returning to The Willows in Whitby this summer to re-start our weekend away and hopefully we can carry out the plans we originally made for our break on this occasion.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Yet again another lovely stay! Deb and Martin are a lovely couple, very hospitable. This was our second time there. The first time I just booked it because I just wanted somewhere close to Whitby Harbour and the beautiful quaint cobbled streets, full of amazing old fashioned shops and bars to help us chill out.....happy days!! The second time was booked as a Christmas gift from our Daughter because we kept telling her what a lovely place it was first time round and couldn't wait to go back....so what a surprise that was when she told us she had booked it for us. We stayed in the same room as last time, which we was glad about, as it was so clean and welcoming! Breakfast...well....that too was so amazing, so much to choose from......."diet, what diet?", I'd say to my hubby.

Anyway....roll on September because we shall be definitely booking up again there.

Helen
Peterborough

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Both myself and my husband, steve, had a lovely weekend staying in the Willows guesthouse in Whitby, Debs and Martin made us feel very welcome with a lovely cook breakfast/fresh fruit and lovely homemade jams, two different varities every day, amazing!!! The guesthouse is just 2 mins walk from the harbour with bars and resturants a plenty, which Debbie pointed out the best ones to eat, A must is the award winning " Magpies", We will definatly go back and will be staying at the willows.

Room Tip: Cater for all, lifts and disable access so any room is good, we stayed in one with a very large bed...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Biggleswade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Returned for the third time!! Excellent accommodation with refreshments on arrival. Debbie & Martin are excellent friendly landlords. The were very attentive to my disabled mum, even presenting her with a pot of home made jam for her birthday. Food is fantastic and plentiful. We will be returning again and again and again!

Room Tip: All rooms clean warm and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at the willows for 4 nights on our honeymoon. We couldn't have made a better choice, everything about our stay was perfect from the minute we walked through the door. We were met with tea and cake in the dining room along with a bottle of Bucks Fizz in our room to celebrate our Marriage. Martin and Debbie are outstanding hosts and deliver a first class service. Breakfast is a must with all tastes catered for. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that is relaxed and has a very friendly atmosphere then The Willows is the place. I can't recommend it highly enough. We will most certainly be back to Whitby and I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2013
Bo'ness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I managed to get a room for one night in this B&B in Whitby, and weren't we lucky! On arrival we were offered tea/coffee and home made gingerbread, which was delicious. The owners had a chat with us while we partook of refreshments and they were very friendly. They supplied a small thermos of fresh milk for the bedroom, which was very welcome even though we didn't use it! lol, Sorry! They had warned us that the room was small, and it was, but nevertheless it had everything you could wish for for an overnighter and was spotlessly clean, probably the cleanest B&B room I've been in. I'm a bit "iffy" with bathrooms but had no problem here. If there has to be one criticism, and hasn't there always to be, it was that the public areas were possibly a bit dated, but again, spotless. Wide choice for breakfast. I don't think they had to wash my plate, I scoffed the lot! The home made jam and marmalade were just lovely. We left quite early after we'd had breakfast and they were still busy cooking and serving but nevertheless took the time to say goodbye. I was so relaxed in their company that I even kissed Martin goodbye! I do hope I didn't embarrass him too much! Would definitely recommend the Willows.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor and was small, but we were warned about this in advance. There is a l...
zx12man, Owner at The Willows, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments, We notice regularly that guest mark us down on location. For anyone reading the reviews we are less than 2 minutes walk from the harbour and no more than 5 mins from the beach. we are on the lower part of town so No steep hills or steps to climb. We do not feel that this is a poor location.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Run by a genuinely friendly couple who are helpful without being intrusive this is a relaxing,welcoming place to stay:I was even given a bottle of Bucks Fizz as it was my birthday.
The breakfast was plentiful and perfectly cooked and included an interesting variety of home made jams and marmalade.
We will be very happy to return.

Room Tip: The lower ground floor room has an exclusive external exit which is convenient and which enhances pr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Willows? Share your experiences!