“Absolutely Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 176 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: English
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Every Meal should be an Adventure! The Vault is not simply a restaurant it is a Fine Dining Experience. Located in the Vault of The Resolution Hotel, the bare brick walls set the tone for a Meal with an ambiance that is every bit as pleasing as its dishes. From the scroll menu to the historic Whitby artwork there is a surprise to wow everywhere you look. Happy Dining! Bon Appetite!
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I came for dinner here for our anniversary meal when we visited Whitby, I'd seen the brilliant reviews on trip advisor which is why I booked to go. As soon as we arrived we were given a walk welcome and taken our lovely table. Our first course was an Amuse-Bouche of potato and leek soup, now I don't like leek but I LOVED this soup! For starters we had the crab cannelloni and the chicken consommé both Devine and for mains the pork and the sea bass GORGEOUS!! Puds were the sticky toffee pudding and the banana trio, only niggle would be that the parsnip ice cream was weird however we both had a fantastic meal and thinking about it now makes me want to go back ASAP! I highly recommend plus it's good value I believe.

england
“Fantastic food. An absolute must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We eat at this restaurant with our friends and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The good was amazing. We all said its the best meal we have had in a long time. Fantastic presentation and great value for money. We will defiantly go again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancashire
“Lovely night out, with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We ate here on the 5th April 2014. I can honestly say it is one of the best meals I have ever had. It not often you can say that every course was excellent, but it was. Book early to guarantee your table as they were fully booked on the night we went. Staff were very attentive and caring the only fault I could find was the table was not cleaned properly on the edge of it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Four of us enjoyed our evening and food.Nice atmosphere and decor, service was excellent .The sea bass with chowder was enjoyed by 3 of us and one had pork, all good. Crab starter lovely, as was the amuse bouche. cherry frangipane wasn't quite what I expected but I enjoyed it anyway and the clotted cream ice cream with it was great. would recommend and return

Blackpool
“Fine dining in Whitby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We came to Whitby on a package which included a meal at The Vault . What a wonderful surprise! We expected "pub grub" but instead were treated to one of the best meals I have ever had. Every course was a delight to both the eye and the palate: the service was friendly and the waiter knowledgable about the food. Obviously word is getting round as the place was full on a wet Thursday night. A place to return to.

Visited March 2014