“Great take away” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Stirling
“Great take away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Had fish and chips from Chips Away, the takeaway part of Robertsons. It was £5.50 for a good sized haddock and a generous portion of chips. The batter wasn't too greasy and the chips were very good. All food is made from scratch so is fresh and hot.

Visited April 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Yummy, clean surroundings and I would go again !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Really good grub, attention to detail and attentative staff. Nipped in as it looked a nice place to eat, we wasnt dissapionted, Lots of room inside, I liked the little pot of sauce on my plate, and my hubby had a fish shaped plate with his cod and chips, which was also very delicious !! My top tip. give it a whirl !!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The plaice to have you're lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Whitby today and went into Robertsons fish restaurant and was made most welcome and was served by a lovely young lady we both had cod & chips bread & butter and tea for £ 5.95 each the chips were the best chips we have had for sometime the fish was beautiful and the service was very good.we would recommend the fish restaurant at bridge road Whitby to everyone.

Visited March 2014
“Really good chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went on a quiet midweek evening. Service was good (a young but competent lad!) and prices fair too. My chips and spring rolls were great, the kipper was very tasty too. The salad was much better than expected too (although you probably dont go to a chippy for the salad!) would certainly go again when next in whitby. - Opening times vary out of season so go early for tea time!

York
“Superb! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Although this is a fish restaurant I have just finished eating my three delicious battered veggie sausages, chips, onion rings, mushy peas, and a salad garnish, with a pot of tea. A treat was the jumbo ketchup sachets, they were huge and easy to open, what a treat. Robertsons is wonderful; I am writing this review whilst my husband is settling the bill. Everything about the place was fab, the clean toilets, decor, the friendly staff, clean establishment, excellent food, and the presentation. Both my husband and I couldn't fault it; we are from York and so thought before we got the train home we would look for a veggie pasty at the Co-op, we didn't fancy having a bag of chips on the hoof. It's a cold February day and being vegetarians didn't expect to find such a delightful place, they cook everything in vegetable oil. For those who do eat fish the portions were huge and we overheard many favourable comments. We will definitely be back, it is one of our favourite places. We thoroughly recommend this establishment.