“Short hop out to sea” 5 of 5 stars

Chichester, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Short hop out to sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not having taken both kids out on a boat before, the 20 minute trip was perfect. The crew were friendly, the boat was comfortable and clean - it was good fun. Would recommend it - especially if you're not sure about the kids retaining stomach integrity when out to sea.

Heathfield, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“A disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was really looking forward to going on a whale watching trip and had telephoned about a week before I was due in Whitby to make sure I got a place. The man I spoke to took my name and said turn up at quarter to six and we will get you on. I turned up to find a queue of about fifty people who were all holding tickets. We eventually got to the steps and the man told us to move aside and let people with tickets get on first. I told him I had phoned and he agreed to let us on.

The boat was packed and by the time we got on there were only spaces in the middle of the boat. I was very cross as they let a couple on with three dogs two of which had better seats than we did as she insisted they had to sit on the benches. You would have thought the staff may have said dogs are not people and people who have paid should get a chance at the view rather than two dogs. We did not get to see much at all, When there were sightings the people on the front seats still felt the need to stand up despite the fact that they had a perfect view sitting down. Again thought the staff may have asked the people at the front to sit so the people stuck in the middle could see but no.

They allowed the ghastly women with the dogs to chain smoke on what is a wooden boat with several children and babies in close proximity. She kept throwing her fag buts over board which I thought was disgraceful on a nature watching trip but still nothing from the staff. If you hope to see something then don't go on this boat trip as chances are you will be looking at the back of some selfish persons head.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Have been every year for the last 5. Two pounds per person. Very friendly will be back next year too.

Kings Lynn
17 attraction reviews
“Very cheap, very interesting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We tried this to fill a bit of time, but were so pleased we did. At £2.50 for 20 minutes its good value and the tour lasted a lot longer.
We had great views back towards Whitby, different from the views normally seen. The guide was knowledgeable, and told us that we may be lucky enough to see porpoises or dolphins. Unfortunately this time we didn't, but overall this was a brilliant little trip.

Visited July 2013
doncaster
31 attraction reviews
“Ahoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love boat trips in Whitby and this is one of the best. At £2.50 for a 20 minute trip it is well worth the money. Boats are clean, staff are very friendly. Amazing views, and one the best ways to see Whitby.

Visited July 2013