“Winter warmer” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Ice Cream Parlour and Coffee Shop
Telford, United Kingdom
“Winter warmer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We came across this little gem by accident whilst looking for a sandwich shop. We decided to try it and opted for the home made vegetable soup with warm bread, which was delicious, and a bargain at £3.25. I have noticed that a lot of the nicer cafes in Whitby can be quite pricey, so this was a pleasant surprise. My other half had a sandwich with his soup, a huge ciabatta affair crammed with cheese and red onion, with an attractive side salad. I saw others having lovely scones and cream, but the portion of soup was so filling I couldn't manage anything else. Still, there's always tomorrow....... In addition the owner/manager was very friendly, as was the waitress, definitely one to recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing cake!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Popped in here for a quick drink stop and managed to get a table as it was very busy. Had huge slabs of chocolate cake, scones, and carrot cake which were lovely and hot chocolates.
The staff are friendly. It was October half term so very busy, the only negative was customer coming in with 2 big wet Alsations which were abit smelly when you're eating (I love animals by the way ).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Why didn't I try the ice cream?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We foind Tear Wood's by accident.It was Hallowe'en weekend and Whitby was full. There were queues outside all of the cafes, take aways etc and my friends had already crossed this off as "full" when following behind I noticed some customers putting their coats on! Rushing in I asked the manager/owner if there was any room. He cleaed the table and brought extra chairs for our party.

My toasted cheese and tomato, with salad garnish, was delicious- as was the freshly made coffee! My husband and friends had really home made soup served in very large bowls. As great soup fans they loved it.
We enjoyed watching the wonderful ice cream concoctions being delivered to other patrons but we were too full to try one! Reading the reviews here I cannot wait to go back and try the e cream.

The staff were helpful ad efficient and we found that it was a family run business and the owner and family were from Liverpool as are we. We had a good chat about the "Pool" and about the business! The delicious looking cakes really were Home Made.
We will certainly visit it again the next time we are in Whitby!

• Visited November 2012
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I came here in the half term holidays, a young girl with dark hair served me. I remember her name being Jodie? She was very pleasant and nothing was to much trouble for her! She was very chatty and always smiling. The food looked absolutely gorgeous although we only had icecream and a few milkshakes, these were also amazing! all in all a great little place to call into when your in the Whitby area. And again Jodie is a credit to this place! WELL DONE!

• Visited October 2012
Worksop, Notts
“Great tasting ice-cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Mmm, great ice-cream. The mango and passion fruit one is very refreshing, the chocolate very nice also. Was expecting the ice-cream parlour to have more ice cream. And be less like a cafe but still nice.