“avalon hotel..charlie and dawn made us feel really welcome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
Avalon Hotel
You added Avalon Hotel to your Saves list
13-14 Royal Crescent, Whitby YO21 3EJ, England   |
Ranked #83 of 145 Whitby B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“avalon hotel..charlie and dawn made us feel really welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Excellent service from both proprietors and staff.Breakfast wos absoultely amazing every thing you wanted in a english breakfast .Our room and the view was every thing we wanted.would recommend this hotel to anyone.good luck and thanks to you all for our wonderful stay.Pete and Mandy from Sheffield.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed at the Avalon with my husband, 2 children and my parents (in their 80s). All the staff were friendly, polite and efficient. Charlie, the proprietor made us all very welcome without being overbearing. His pleasant and kind manner helped us enjoy our stay and he was good with all the generations. The room was clean and there was sufficent space. The towels were changed with great frequency as was the bed linen. The breakfasts were tasty and ample and we appreciated how you could order something different every day. Charlie had advised me when making the booking that some parts of the hotel still needed some TLC but this did not detract from our stay and we could see that work was in hand. I think my Mum found the steps rather hard at times but our reservation was very last minute and I noticed that there were rooms on the ground floor and would ask for one of these and book earlier next time. The location was great with views at one side over beautiful gardens to the sea. As with most places in Whitby it's difficult to park in front of the hotel but this was no more of a prblem here than at other hotels. We will return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
derbyshire,england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We booked at short notice on one of the busiest weekends.A big thankyou to the owner ,Charlie ,for ensuring we had a really great stay.OK the rooms need a bit of work, but are clean and comfortable, and undergoing renovation.Breakfast is excellent and the staff were very friendly and enthusiastic.Good position ,just a pleasant stroll into the town.Parking relatively easy, we found a spot almost immediately. We will definitely return and would recommend it.Thanks again Charlie, (from Max Clifford LOL)

Loughborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Both my husband and myself had a couple of days off and decided on a quick 2 day break to Whitby. Found details of the Avalon Hotel on the internet and booked with no problems. The hotel to be honest is in need of some renovation, but this is in the process of being done. Never-the-less it is clean, comfortable and have breakfasts 'fit for a king'! The proprietor, Charlie, is a joy to know and all the other staff are very attentive. All in all we felt our stay in the Avalon was too short and look forward to going back in the not too distant future

nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Thanks to Charlie for being a great host.....was a lovely, funny man!!! Thanks for making our stay very enjoyable. Would reccommend it to anyone!!!!

Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

A superb location on the Georgian crescent in historical Whitby.
The man to see is Charlie, the owner. The best hotel proprietor, ever I've met.
Nothing was a problem and he always was pleasant, friendly and made sure all his guests were well looked after!

I have chronic illness, which means I get hit with pain and exhaustion. No problem to Charlie, he even brought me breakfast in bed when I was ill!

It was a pleasure to stay, Charlie.

Totally recommended.

Colin.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Stayed at the Avalon for a 2 night break with my family and 4 yr old boy at the beginning of Aug 2010. Charlie made us all feel so very welcome, especially the little one. He is a most charming host!
The Hotel is situated right on the cliff top with lovely views over the gardens and out to sea. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the rooms were comfortable. I think the place will be beautiful when the renovations are complete.
The breakfast was delicious and I couldn't help but have the full english two mornings in a row, even after feeling so pogged the first morning I said I couldn't possibly have it again (but I managed, just!). Probably shouldn't have had the cereal and fruit first! Charlie really does go out of his way to make every one happy. The selections at breakfast are numerous and Charlie was happy to make any combination we wanted.
What can I say but a lovely hotel and a lovely host. See you next year Charlie!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Avalon Hotel? Share your experiences!