“Great Little Gem - We will be back again” 5 of 5 stars

Middleham Guest House
Middleham Guest House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3 Church Square, Whitby, England   |
Ranked #50 of 144 Whitby B&B and Inns
“Great Little Gem - We will be back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Discovered this great B&B through a friend. Very clean, comfortable and great service (from Sheila and Mick, the owners).
Will definitely choose to stay here again on our return to Whitby..

• Stayed August 2011

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

.i stayed at the middleham with my husband, brother & his partner this wkend ( 25th/26th march) we where made very wellcome by sheila & mick the owners & nothing was to much trouble. the rooms where very clean & fresh, the sea views where lovely, the breakfast was plentifull & very tasty we enjoyed are stay so much we booked to go back in july. we cant thank sheila & mick enough for making our stay in whitby so special xx

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The Middleham guesthouse is absolutely spotless!!
It is by far the best British seaside bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in.
I had an attic room on the top floor with a stunning sea view.
The room was clean ,warm and cozy with an en-suite bathroom.
The owners of the Middleham Mick & Sheila, were very friendly.
Breakfast was excellent. Full English and a good selection of fruit, yogurts and cereals.
I can recommend this guesthouse and will definitely be returning in the near future!

Room Tip: I had the top floor room. If you are not good on your feet ask for a lower floor as it is quite a cl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights over WGW 2011, Thursday to Sunday. Recommended by a friend and very reasonably priced. As we had left booking a little late for this weekend, we were allocated room 8, one of the attic rooms with a view of the church. More than adequate for our needs and had everything we needed. There is a low beam across the roof with a sign reminding you to mind your head. Despite seeing this, I did manage to bang my head once! I learned from this early mistake. There was ample room for getting ready to go out at night.

The rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and toiletry sachets. There were also complimentary biscuits and a bottle of water. In room 8 the sink is separate from the bathroom which makes it easier for getting ready to go out.

Breakfast is served in the basement which has all you need - cereals, fruit juices, yoghurt, fruit, toast, tea/coffee and the full English. Food is of excellent quality - i.e. the meat is actually meat, the eggs were amazing and the cereals are proper cereals - and very enjoyable!

Had 3 fantastic night's sleep as the bed was so comfortable.

The B&B is within walking distance of all amenities and despite the busy weekend, parking was not an issue.

To top it all, the proprieter's Mick and Sheila are a lovely couple and I'll/we'll be back again (if they'll have us!)

Room Tip: If you're over 6', the attic rooms are probably not the best choice!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed over the very wet bank holiday,our break was made all the better for staying here.The owners Mike and Sheila are lovely and the breakfasts are amazing plenty to set you up for a wet Yorkshire day.It was the little things such as binoculas in the room and a small table and chairs to sit at when having tea or coffee that impressed us.All in all a very good BnB.

Room Tip: We stayed in the attic which was a small room with sea view.But this was fine for a short break.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Myself and my wife stayed at the Middleham for 3 nights over the August Bank Holiday. We had room 9 which is one of the rooms in the attic. The room is small as has been previously stated but we knew what to expect and were happy to stay in it. The only time it was a bit of a chew was when we were getting ready to go out. The simple answer is that if you like lots of space in your room then dont take a room on the top floor. Simples!!Overall the Middleham is clean and well presented, the hosts Mick and Shelie are very helpful and very pleasant, the breakfast is one of the better ones I have had and I would stay again. I would also recomend the place if anybody asked me if I knew of anywhere to stop in Whitby. We had a great weekeend in Whitby again and the Middleham was a pleasant place to use as our base.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Burnley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I visited Whitby in early july and i have to say it was wonderful the hosts were extremely helpful, the breakfast was very tasty and the room was warm, clean and comfortable. I stayed for four nights and I always returned to find my room had been made up :) The ensuites were very modern and had a lovely warm shower. Not sure if the june comment was at the same hotel but I disagree and will certainly be back. Would recommend this guest house to others

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Middleham Guest House? Share your experiences!