“Excellent in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have eaten at Dittos several times now and it is our preferred restaurant whenever we are in Whitby. The food is excellent and they are extremely accommodating for a fussy eater like myself, nothing appears to be too much trouble. The staff are attentive without being overbearing and I can honestly say that we have always enjoyed every meal we have eaten there. If you visit Whitby this cosy little restaurant is a must!

• Visited July 2013

“Wonderful evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were fortunate enough to eat at this fabulous restaurant last night . This is my first ever review and the reason that I ve finally motivated myself to actually write one is that everything about Ditto was just perfect. We booked a couple of months ago but the staff remembered that part of the reason for our meal was my wife's birthday . The dishes were all perfectly cooked and proportioned, well presented and reasonably priced. The restaurant itself is small , intimate and relaxed. We felt in fact, that some of the interior pictures on this site don't do it justice. The staff were very efficient , friendly and chatty without being over bearing. We will most definitely be booking again on our next visit to Whitby.

• Visited July 2013
YORK
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wonderful food and service with cosy atmosphere! Book early as they get busy well in advance and not surprising as food is so good!

Visited February 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed, a truley enchanting evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner have been to ditto a few times now, the first time we visited whitby it was so good we went twice in the same week! The service is fantastic, our waitress is always very friendly without being overbearing and intrusive, the atmosphere is relaxed and the food is truley superb! Every dish has clearly had time and care put into its making and the veg is always a beautiful selection with interesting twists. Each time I've visited ditto I've asked the waitress for a recipe and she's always asked the chief to write it down for me without hesitation and she seemed genuinely delighted that I ask. The venue itself is small and intimate, which adds to it's charm and atmosphere, rather than being big, noisy and impersonal. Every detail of ditto, even down to the music selection is clearly chosen with care and consideration of the guests. Me and my partner normally spend around the £100 mark in here between us, but that is for the 3 course meals and we do buy a lot of drinks seeing as the table is yours for the evening, which is a calming notion as your aware your not going to be rushed to finish your meal. The ice water and tapanede with freshly baked bread is also a nice touch, and complimentary as well! All in all this is definitly a place to visit, I can't recommend it highly enough, just make sure you book a table in advance to avoid dissapointment. - Emma and Chris :-)

• Visited January 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“I've run out of superlatives . . . . . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My partner and I have dined at the "Ditto" restaurant on several occasions in the past. We were lucky enough to secure a cancellation last Saturday evening, . . . (our commiserations to the couple who's car broke down in Pickering) . . . I am happy to report that the meal we enjoyed was, once again, superb . . . (superb is the only superlative I have left).
Our thanks to the team once more . . . .

• Visited June 2013