“The best B&B I've ever stayed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leeway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
The Leeway
You added The Leeway to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1 Havelock Place, Whitby YO21 3ER, England   |
Special Offer
Free Night
Ranked #4 of 145 Whitby B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“The best B&B I've ever stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My first solo trip in a while seemed quite daunting; I was feeling slightly nervous about the whole affair. From the moment I arrived in Whitby Karen and Garry were fantastic hosts. I was welcomed with a cup of tea, they spent time with me answering questions I might have, and most of all they made me feel very comfortable.

I had the Hudson room at the top of the establishment: it was cosy, warm and the bed was the most comfortable in memory. It did not at all feel like a roof space. The breakfast was lovely, and Garry and Karen were always on hand should I need any assistance.

I don't think I've ever felt so much at home without actually being there.

I would and will be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have just returned from another lovely stay at The Leeway. Whitby is one of our favourite places for a holiday,Karen and Garry are wonderful hosts, and everything is done to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms are lovely, we usually stay in Abbey which is at the front of the house, whichever room you pick you will not be disappointed. We always look forward to our breakfast cooked beautifully by Karen and served with a smile by Garry. We would definitely recommend The Leeway to anyone looking for a place to stay in Whitby,you will not be disappointed. We look forward to returning next year. Thanks again Karen& Garry.

Room Tip: Abbey at the front of the house is a lovely room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just returned from our 3 night stay at the Leeway. Must be one of the best B & B's we have stayed in. Such a choice for breakfast and the rooms were excellent. We were in the Cook room which was on the front of the building, very quiet and so well equipped. Everything was thought of, from Bath robes to the Tassimo coffee machine! The piece of chocolate cake on arrival was a lovely touch (one of Karens own specialities). Will definitely return!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

if you want 5 star treatment at a modest price you should not miss out of trying a stay at the leeway the most friendliest people I have ever met.once tried you will return many times just like we do many years after our first visit.the proof is how many constant bookings they achieve each year

Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Leeway for a long weekend and we cannot rate it highly enough. From the moment we met Garry at the front door and consumed our home made chocolate cake and tea we knew everything would be great.

We stayed in the St Mary room which was spacious, nicely laid out with contemporary furnishings. And the carpet was deep and luxurious which was very nice on the feet. The coffee machine in the room was great and we were provided with lots of discs for it.

The hotel is very well located a 5 minute walk from town. Breakfast was delicious every morning especially the tomato sauce.

Garry and Karen was extremely hospitality throughout and nothing was too much trouble. We will not hesitate to stay at the Leeway again the next time we visit Whitby.

Room Tip: St Mary was great.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well we chose this place because of the reviews on trip advisor. All I can say is if you are thinking of going to Whitby try here first.
I have been using B&Bs all my life and I can honestly say I have never stayed in one that has been so friendly and accomodating in every way.
The food is of a very high standard and nothing is too much trouble.
Well done Karen & Garry keep it up you will get everything you deserve

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have just enjoyed a fantastic stay at The Leeway. Leeway was in a great location, only a stones throw away from the beautiful, friendly town itself. The room was well sized, the use of high quality toiletries, bedding, coffee machine etc (incl Botham's of Whitby biscuits) was refreshing, only bettered by the 'hotel' standard service received by the lovely owners Garry and Karen. Both were ever so friendly and helpful and moreover very understanding of a change in our circumstances in which they showed genuine humanity. Great breakfast with daily specials and tasty local produce. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Leeway? Share your experiences!