“Awful!!” 1 of 5 stars

Description: Family run Thai Restaurant
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Awful!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant apparently has rosettes for good food we were very disappointed food arrived Luke warm we ordered several mains extra rice arrived which was removed halfway through our meal plates were collected before we had finished food standard

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
sugarhutmanager, Manager at Sugar Hut, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Custom,

I am sorry to hear your visit was not to your liking. Since your visit we have been brought over by the previous owners daughter. She has brought in new staff and redecorated. We would like it if you would give us another try. And would look forward to your opinion.

“good thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Slightly overpriced but overall great thai food on offer here. The staff was very accommodating. Be careful of their most spicy dishes and they're truly spicy!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
“Tasty thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is my favourite Thai restaurant in Norwich. Lots of choice, always tasty, as hot as Thai food should be. The staff are welcoming and attentive and I like the decor. The restaurant is quite small and it can be a bit noisy if they get a big table in, so do sit upstairs if you want it to be a bit quieter. We had starter, main and rice and a couple of drinks each and the bill was about £25 each, so I've got no complaints about the price as everything was delicious. If you are a student, county council worker, nhs staff (and a few others that I can't remember) you can get 10% off your food bill at the moment.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Thai Food as it Should Be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is one of the most authentic Thai restaurants I've been to. For once, the dishes are hot (in a spicy way), as indeed they should be. If anyone's been to Thailand, the food there is generally very hot - they love their chilies! - but most Thai restaurants over here over-compensate when they tone down their dishes to suit our Western palettes. Well, the Sugar Hut retains a bit of heat and this is most welcome. I also recommend the crab rice and this is now my favourite rice dish.

As other people have commented, it is a tad expensive when compared to similar restaurants, but I would say it's worth it and well worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol
“This restaurant is way too expensive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

In Norwich for an evening, not knowing where to eat I came to this restaurant.
I ordered a main course, one side dish and a small glass of pineapple juice. This came to £20. The reason I ordered a side dish is because the mains do not come with rice or vegetables.
The food is fine as Thai restaurants go, seems to be well cooked although the meat was warm rather than hot.
I don't expect average Thai food in an average setting to cost this much.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Custom,

I am sorry to hear your visit was not to your liking. We have recently been brought over by the previous owners daughter. She has brought in new staff and redecorated. We would like it if you would give us another try. And would look forward to your opinion.