“You get exactly what it says on the can.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #270 of 665 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established in 1972, Captain America's Hamburger Heaven is still serving the best burgers in Norwich !
Beijing, China
“You get exactly what it says on the can.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

It is an American theme diner in look, sound, food and value. Good food, good service, big portions and very reasonable price.
BBQ ribs and BBQ half chicken is good food - nothing fancy but well cooked, tasty and you don't need seconds.
Service was quick and pleasant.
I look forward to going back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, United Kingdom
“A hidden pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Love this place!! It feels just like an American diner. Only issue is the portions are huge!! But again just like America...

UK
“Hasn't changed in 20 years - still a fine american diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went to this restaurant as a child and it literally hasn't changed a bit .. the food, the atmosphere, the furniture and the decor. However thats not a bad thing .. food is typical american diner, fast, plentiful and full of calories. Reasonably priced and fun. Would recommend to anyone.

Visited March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A Hidden gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had lived in Norwich 6 years before I plucked up the courage to try this place- the reason? It's an upstairs establishment and has a small entrance leading up a narrow staircase- it's that worry that I've hate what you see when you get to the top and be too embarrassed to go back down, luckily I was wrong, what greets you is a 1960's style diner that was popular with bikers in years gone by I am reliably informed, the foods great with a simple menu of burgers and ribs that's barely changed from the day the place opened, its a little let down with the seating at the tables-a little tight to say the least- however once your in the food excites with the added extra of sweet corn relish as an accompaniment at the table, also they do Budweiser on draught which not many places do these days - I definitely recommend

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I came here with a friend at the end of last year, and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I had come here a few years before and didn't have a single complaint, this time however, food and service were sub par. There was no one to greet us as we came up the stairs, despite it being early lunchtime, mid week. We then waited around ten minutes to have our drinks order taken, We then waited another ten to have our order taken. The food took a very long time to come out, and while the burgers were delicious, our sides were not good. Lukewarm, greasy chips, and the "crispy bacon" we ordered was barely cooked. When we sent this back, we were not given an apology and when it was returned, it was brittle, nearly burned and in my opinion, deep fried. If you were bringing a large group of children here it would be perfect, but if you're after a good old fashioned American meal I would not recommend it.

• Visited December 2013