“Pick you time to visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #385 of 662 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: English, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Pick you time to visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

A couple of friends had suggested a visit, as they thought it was worth a try.Unfortunately our visit was nothing to shout about.I dont know if we arrived at a change of shift,but we had to wait quite some time to be seated,and again for our order to be taken,and yes you have guessed it,for our food to arrive,however once it did, it was fine.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

kent
“Great country pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Even though this is part of a chain ( Vintage Inns ) we found it very welcoming with reasonably priced food and great Adnams real ales
Staff were friendly and helpful , we used it as it is a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn where we were staying

Visited March 2014
“Shocking service from the managment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My partner and I are getting married in April, 8 years after our first date at the Marsh Harrier, As we are only planning a small wedding (c. 25 people) we thought it would be nice to have the reception at the same place.

Sadly, despite the front line staff trying to be as helpful as possible, they were badly let down by the managment team, I had to try several times to get through to someone as promised return calls were never made. Quite surprising as we were offering to put 25 paying customers into the pub on a wednesday afternoon!

Finally I decided to arrange a meeting with the manager Andy to finalise everything as we had no contact from the restaurant at all. His general attitude came across as though he considered himself too important to deal with such trivial matters as customer service, his first response to my request to have a meeting was

'well when do you want to do it, cos ive got a meeting'

I explained that I didnt want to put him out and we agreed to meet up one lunchtime, When my partner and I got away from work (not easy for both of us, as we are both line managers in the same company), We arrived on time only to be told 'Sorry, Andy has gone to the Gym'!

Needless to say we have cancelled our booking, and I would advise anyone considering using this restaurant as anything other than a spot for sunday lunch to be very careful, Its obvious that the managment literally cannot manage a p**s up in a brewery!

• Visited March 2014
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“What you see is what you get!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Food what you would expect for the price! Waitress a credit to the venue(Ami) disabled toilet a disgrace; needs to be reported to health and safety.
Please take note before someone becomes seriously unwell!

Visited March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“meeting with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

have used the Marsh Harrier many times to meet friends and never had a bad meal. Staff are very friendly.

• Visited December 2013