“Not Jamie's” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Not Jamie's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the nearby holiday inn where we had quite good food on the Friday night. Decided to try this on the Saturday - more expensive and not as good. When I think of the meals that I have had at Jamie's in other cities for less money then I realise that this is not really somewhere to recommend

Visited June 2013

Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Fathers Day Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent meal for 12. Good friendly service. The all day brunch thing was tasty. The kids ate everything on their plate and loved the puddings. The steak looked nice and the burgers were good too. Portion size is good for adults

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, U.K.
“At least it's hot!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

So said my wife about her hanger steak. My comment to the waitress when asked was 'I've tasted better'. Being in a football stadium I would not have expected it to have better decor that a works canteen and I was correct. Service was friendly, efficient and fast. My wife started with the Crab cakes which she suggested were nothing to write home about and I had the Buffalo wings which came with the most watery barbecue sauce I have ever come across. The celery had the best taste!
For mains we both had the Hanger Steak, 'Steak like you've never tasted it'. True. Pretty bland in taste particularly the cheese spread on top. (Possibly Dairylea?) She requested it be served without the ciabatta and I wished I had done the same as the the topping had obviously been on the bread for some time resulting in a soggy mush for a base. The steak was certainly not 'medium-rare' as it showed no pink whatsoever. My skinny fries were pretty tasteless apart from the salt, certainly not up to the standard of McDonalds! Pretty mean quantity as well.
For such a distinctly average quality meal the prices were pretty steep. £13.95 for a few slices of overlooked beef covered with cooked mushrooms and a cheese sauce served on a bun with a few fries seems very pricey to me.
Wine was nice but also too expensive for what it was.
This was our first and last visit!

Visited May 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Apple pie to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were staying at the nearby Holiday Inn and thought we would give Yellows a try for a change. We went early evening on a Friday and had not booked, but had no trouble getting a table.
The service was very friendly and we did not have to wait too long for the food. I ordered grilled plaice with potato and asparagus salad and it was divine. The fish was plump and moist and the vegetables cooked to perfection. For dessert I opted for apple pie with whipped cream and cinnamon ice cream. The pie was crammed full with apples and absolutely delicious.
This is not the place to go for a romantic meal out, but is great for families and groups of friends. You can buy cheaper burgers etc elsewhere, but the ingredients are obviously high quality and beautifully cooked and presented. I will certainly go again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annecy, France
“Need to do just a bit better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Quite a large room and way too bright with all the spots. Friendly service. The Spareribs were very tender but lacked taste. Taste from the pig and a better sauce. Very small portion of Fries compared to the racks of ribs. This was no more than I would expect from a place that boosts that they do this very good, and have the prices they have.

• Visited May 2013