“Trip Advisor reviews led us here” 4 of 5 stars

+44 (0)1603 613318
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pinocchio's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 616 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pinocchio���s restaurant is a stylish Italian brasserie and Norwich institution.Owned by the expert team behind The Library and St Benedict���s Grill, the restaurant has a traditional listed shop front, and the dining room is simply decorated and furnished. Huge murals complement basic, comfortable seating and immaculately laid tables, and stripped wooden floors give the room a rustic warmth. They serve a wide range of traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine for every occasion, including stone-baked pizzas; authentic pastas; steaks and grills; classic meat and fish dishes; as well as tempting antipasti platters and entrees. As always, with an Italian meal, there���s nothing finer (or more indulgent!) than finishing with a sumptuous dessert like tiramisu or roast peach and raspberry semifreddo, or even a rich glass of dessert wine. Loyal customers rate the buzzing atmosphere, extensive menu and interesting pasta and pizza dishes; Pinocchio���s restaurant is ideal for a family meal, catching up with friends or even a romantic dinner �� deux.
Essex
“Trip Advisor reviews led us here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

By my standards this is a bistro rather than restaurant. But let's not argue over semantics, it's a nice place to eat. On the edge of the city centre, it is a short walk from the multistorey car park.
From the outside it is unprepossessing with an old shop front with two large windows. Inside is a boarded floor, a bar that looks as though it might have been the original shop counter and plenty of seating with more upstairs.
We arrived without a booking early on a Saturday evening. It was already busy and we got the last table for two. Our waitress, Alice, almost overwhelmed us with her friendliness.
It was a good meal with friendly and efficient service. At fifty quid with tip, it was a bit more than I was expecting to pay. However I had neglected to turn over the menu card for there were much cheaper pasta and pizza dishes that I would have preferred. Silly me.
Pinocchio's is one of a set of four restaurants in Norwich under the same management. One, Benedicts, is next door.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Devizes, United Kingdom
“A lovely restaurant in the heart of the city... one not to miss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were visiting Norwich for the day during our long weekend spent in Wells and we were looking for somewhere to eat that would be suitable for carnivores and vegetarians. We walked through the cobbled streets of the city during the early evening.

What caught our eye was the outside appearance of the restaurant which was nicely painted with a canopy over the front and then menu posted in the window. We were loitering when one of the waitresses was walking back in to the restaurant and invited us in. We were warmly greeted by the bar staff and quickly shown a table.

The menu's included a la carte and a two course special for £10.00 per head excluding drinks.
We opted for the menu of the day at £10 per head. I ordered seafood linguine and my friends opted for fish on pesto mash and two vegetarian pasta dishes with asparagas.

This restaurant is very popular and very busy. The manager and staff are excellent and can not to enough to make you feel welcome.

I particularly liked the building which has high ceilings with a contemporary feel. The staff are very well organised and work well as a team. There is a nice camaraderie amongst the staff.

I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant in comparison to some of the the more touristy /chain restaurants dotted about in the city.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have eaten at Pinocchio's a few times, and the food is always outstanding. The first time I visited I was surprised at how well priced the menu is, considering it is fresh, home made food. I have tried something new each time and have never been disappointed. I usually go for one of the specials, but both the pizza and the pasta are good. My parents are usually picky with restaurants, but I decided to take them here on their last visit and they were both really impressed with not only the food, but the wine selection and the service. It is definitely my favourite place to go and eat in Norwich compared to all the branded restaurants that are on offer in the city centre. A league above the other Italian restaurants!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food. Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food I think is outstanding. The staff are warm and friendly and the place itself is welcoming. I recommend to all my friends for an enjoyable lunch or dinner. Superb value for money

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Food was delicious, the folded pizza is a must. However felt the waiting staff were a bit inattentive, considering it wasn't terribly busy. A must go!

• Visited April 2013