“nice atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

we enjoy this restaurant, but wish they would change their menu more often, prices are high and side dishes always an extra, if you are seated at the front very chilly by the door this time of year

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“A good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Being a regular Cafe Rouge client, I decided that as I couldn't find anything else that sparked my appetite for a late breakfast, I decided to pop into Cafe Rouge when I discovered it by accident.

Its probably the friendliest Cafe Rouge I've been to.

Nothing was a problem....coffee was good and the breakfast fine.

But it was the staff who made this one special.

Visited December 2012
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Cafe Rouge, Norwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent service - I think we hit on the right waitress - she was exceptional - don't know her name unfortunately. Food was excellent. We were a party of four and got 25% discount as I am a member of the Gourmet Society. Saved more than £20.00. I regularly use Cafe Rouge in different towns and am always satisfied with the service and the food choice. I particularly like the fact that they serve Leffe beer.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England, United Kingdom
“MY FIRST REALLY NEGATIVE REVIEW!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Called in for Sunday breakfast. Twelve customers and one young lady on service, she was a little frazzled, but, she handled it well. Ordered an English Breakfast, it arrived after 15-20 minute wait (no problem there, as I was in no rush, and I would expect the breakfast cooked to order.) It was terrible! The bacon was so overcooked it was shriveled, the four mushrooms appeared to have been deep fried, the toamato had been split in two and placed under a grill for such a short time, it had aquired a barely formed skin across the top, hardly cooked at all! The eggs had to be returned, I pointed out that the egg white, was still dripping off the undercooked egg yolk! We are talking about eggs here! After a near ten minute wait, the eggs were replaced. They arrived on a plate, swimming in grease. I don't know who is in that kitchen, but if you can't knock up a plate of bacon and eggs, don't put yourself forward for Masterchef! When I paid the bill, I left a 15% tip for the service, the watress deserved it, but I told her not to split it with the the chef who murdered the fried eggs!

I, myself have waited on and done my share of bar work, I realise on most days it's a thankless job, everyone can have a bad day, this shoudn't be the case with someone cooking food, if you don't feel like doing it properly, stay home, and if you have too many days at home, find another job!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London UK
“Cafe Rouge in Norwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Good menu selection - warming. Good value with special offers.
Staff always friendly. Cafe Rouge has re-instated the popular Poulet Breton dish which is tasty and well cooked. The duck is also recommended.

Visited November 2012