“Reliable chain” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #292 of 616 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Seafood, British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced. Remember from 20th July the kids eat free with every paying adult, This runs for the whole summer school break. If you have any special offer cards or vouchers please make sure they are valid for your booking and booking is advisable.
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Reliable chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were in Norwich and we decided to go to Loch Fyne. We fancied some fish at this is a reliable chain for decent seafood. We were surprised to find the place almost full on a Tuesday evening. The service was fine. We did not have to wait too long for our food. The food was good. It was pretty much the same in terms of atmosphere, food and everything else, as several other Loch Fyne’s I’ve been to in other towns. So, there were no surprises, either good or bad. While I have no complaints about the restaurant as a whole, I would say that the ambience is not really conducive to ‘going out to celebrate a special occasion’.
I went for the Lobster Bisque (excellent) followed by Seafood Tagliatelle (very good) and my wife had Scottish Rope-Grown Mussels followed by Seared Scottish Scallop and Watercress Salad. She gave her meal lower marks than I did for mine. She had had Crème Brulee for desert and she thought that better than the average. I gave pudding a miss. We had a very decent bottle of Val Colombe Viognier to wash it all down. The bill came to around £65.
I would say that Loch Fyne is good but nothing special. You can eat better that this for the same price in Norwich.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was really looking forward to the meal at Loch Fyne but left feeling very disappointed. Ordered the salmon, only to be told they only had small bits for the grill not for a main. They also had no mussels, ended up with cod and chips. Asked for normal peas but got given mushy peas (although this was later corrected). Chips were some of the worst I have ever had (like oven chips that had been over fried). Only good thing was the cod was fresh and flaky and of a good size portion. But very expensive. Service was very slow and we had to ask for side orders they forgot. Not a good visit, I would not go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Letchworth Garden City
“Great sea food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our experience of Loch Fyne was that the sea food was very very good, the staff very friendly and helpful and the service excellent.
The only negative we encountered was that the leek risotto starter that my wife ordered, had far too much garlic in it, so much so that she couldn't finish the dish. The waiter did deduct the price of the started from the bill, which we hadn't expected or asked for, but it was a nice gesture.
Other than that, we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and would certainly recommend the restaurant to anyone visiting Norwich.

Visited August 2013
norwich norfolk gt britain
“easy dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I really like loch fine I am a big fish fan,i like the no fuss attitude of the place its well organized staff are pleasant and always a good selection of fresh fish,and the daily blackboard is always a good deal at a good price,.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Seafood heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

After trolling around Norwich trying to find somewhere to eat, we spotted the Loch Fyne sign and knew we had arrived at a high-standard eatery. Food was great, service excellent and very close to the Town Centre

Visited July 2013