“Perfectly serviceable if a bit anonymous” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly serviceable if a bit anonymous”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

You know roughly what you're getting with a Holiday Inn, and it certainly ticks the boxes of necessity, although it's slightly further out than convenient of the city. It's a short cab ride though and the city isn;t very big so this does;t impact too much.

Perfectly clean and with largely helpful staff. The night porter in particular was terrific, which as this was a business trip was very welcome and kept the bar open for us.

Overall a very reasonable hotel that you'd be hard pressed to fault, other than the standard bland anonymity of large chain hotels!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you Roadie12 for sharing your experience from your recent visit at Holiday Inn Norwich City. I am sorry to hear that despite your positive and a faultless experience you felt we only deserved a 3 star rating. I do hope we will get opportunity to welcome you back in future and hopefully exceed your expectation.

Hiren Varvadekar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here on business for the first time on Fri 12th.
Check in was very quick and hassle free and was allocated a room with a view over the football ground, which for me was a plus.
Room was very clean and bright and a decent bed as well.
Evening meal was very good, but slightly let down by a surcharge being automatically put on the bill.when asked, the female waiteress said that it was for their bonus!!
She went away and brought an amended bill for me to sign then promptly walked off with the pen and went to speak with 2 males drinking nearby who were either off duty work colleagues or friends. Eventually another staff member had to retreive the situation.
Breakfast next day was decent with a good choice of hot and cold foods.
Check out was also very quick and easy. I would definitely book here again next time in Norwich. Have to finally mention Gill on reception who was very helpful and attentive to us as new customers.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear dave m,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Norwich City. I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable and you would stay with us on your next visit to Norwich.

I am however very sorry to hear that the service in the bar was not up to our usual high standards and indeed not to your expectation and please accept my apologies for this. The extra charge on your bill was a discretionary service charge which of course should have been removed without any hesitation. I will also have a quiet word with the female staff member to identify the two male drinkers, as we only allow off duty staff members in the hotel on very special occasions.

I do place a huge emphasis on exceeding guest expectations and delivering individual, friendly but professional service and I am pleased that Gill delivered this.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the word go this place got it right, Gill on reception deserves a special mention for being so helpful and informative. Perfect location for attending an Xmas party at the football ground next door, clean comfortable room, polite bar staff and equally attentive upon check out. Well done, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Lorraine B for your feedback, the title of your review says it all!!

The team always aims to exceed guest expectations and I will certainly be sharing your kind comments with them and of course special recognition for Gill. I’m very happy to hear you would choose to stay with us again and thank you for your kind words. We eagerly await your next visit to Holiday Inn Norwich City.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived and greeted by the most helpful receptionist Gill who found nothing too much trouble to give us much information and advice on getting back and forth to the city centre walking and by bus. On arrival in our room we encountered a slight problem with the lights and after a call to reception the problem wa quickly sorted by James the maintenance manager. I would recommend this inn as an ideal location for visiting the city centre with no need to use a car.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Gardener0505,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I know the team will appreciate your comments, they work hard to try and ensure everyone's stay is comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you for a special mention to Gill and James, they are over the moon to hear that they made your stay memorable. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel some time in the near future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Easy to find, plenty of parking warm friendly staff. Stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the football ground and could see the Aviva stand - my employer so it made me smile. The room was at a nice temperature, clean and had a modern decor with a choice of two large beds - and the best bit was the bed was comfortable, not lumpy or too hard/soft, best nights sleep I have had in a hotel for a long time. Water in bathroom was hot, no mold, or stray hairs very clean :-)
Had a drink in the bar where the staff were helpful cheerful and attentive. I had a meal from the restaurant menu but choose to sit in the bar area. As a female on my own it was nice to feel safe in that environment. The food choice was good my options were pate starter follwed by beef stroganof which had a good flavour and was nice hot so was the plate that held the various dishes and the rice was free flowing and not sticky or in clumps.
If you are away on business in Norwich I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback and recommendation Lydia k! It is lovely to read your comments. We pride ourselves in offering the best service and facilities for our guests here at Holiday Inn Norwich City and appreciate that you had wonderful experience.

All our mattresses are of great quality and are specially made by “Hypnos”, who are award winning bed makers and I am glad to hear that you had you enjoyed our bed.

Hope to see you again soon and thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Me & my husband were booked into this hotel by my employer to stay overnight after the Xmas party.

We found the hotel quite easily, parked at the rear and took the short cut to reception. The receptionist was very pleasant & polite, we asked her to book a taxi for us for later on in the evening, we aren't sure she did because the driver said he didn't have a booking in our name but the receptionist gave us the name of the taxi company.

Anyway, we had a pleasant room, two large double beds, very clean, nice spacious bathroom with great size towels and basic bodywash & hand wash. The beds were comfortable with an ample amount of pillows, 4 on each bed. Good sized drawers & wardrobe and a chair & dressing table. The only problem I found is that the mirror was too high in the wall and I could only see the top of my face when I was sitting down, I had to stand to see the bottom of my hair to dry it.

Shower was good, not massively high pressured but lovely & hot.

We had a late night drink on our return from our night out, which has to go on the room tab as it was past midnight, which is fair enough.

Breakfast in the morning is serve yourself, it was hot and tasty & looked to be replenished regularly. We would have preferred bigger tea pots as one pot didn't fill the mug so we had to request a third pot for us both.

All in all we had a good stay and would choose to stay here again if in the area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback ericab. It is always good to hear that my guests were well looked after by my team. I am glad that you enjoyed the space in your room, all our bedrooms are spacious, modern and contemporary and receive very good feedback. We use popular products (Dove and Lux) in our bathrooms and these are well received too!!

I have noted your comment in regards to the mirror and I will review this on our next project. I have highlighted your comments in regards to teapots to my Restaurant Manager and we will look at investing in some more large tea pots.

Please let me know when you are planning to be back in Norwich and I will personally oversee your booking. Thank you for your feedback and we await your return.

Berkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stay at this hotel two or three times a year whilst visiting family.

The reception staff are always great.

The room was good - two double beds and lots of space.

This place is better - but not much more expensive - than 'The Nelson' premier inn.

It's close to 'Yellows' which is a pleasant and reasonable place to eat.

We had two issues this time : lack of car parking (which they charge £5.50 per night for) and a long wait to be served at the bar on saturday afternoon as there were no staff there!

We still like it overall - and will return again next year. But I will make sure we pick a weekend when Norwich football club are away from home as (from experience) I know it is much quieter that way!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you sue e for your review. I am very pleased to hear that your stay was overall enjoyable and you were yet again looked after by my team.

I would appreciate if you could kindly contact me direct to let me know which day you had problem finding car parking space, although we have limited number of spaces this generally is not an issue and we work closely with the football club to avoid situation like this.

Once you have contacted me it will also give me opportunity to check why there was no bar staff on Saturday, I have checked the weekly staff rota for last two weeks and I can assure you that we did have appropriate staffing in place for each day during these two weeks. However please accept my apologies that you had to wait for long to be served.

Please feel free to contact me direct for your future stay on 01603751340 or hiren.varvadekar@kewgreen.co.uk and I will personally make sure you are well looked after.

I hope we will get opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Hiren Varvadekar

Been to Holiday Inn Norwich City? Share your experiences!