“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed for a couple of days whilst visiting our son at the university. We had an executive room. 612. A Very spacious, clean and modern room. Our room was a little warm but we were able to open the window. I did enjoy looking out at what was going on below, but at night could be a little noisy even when closed, not a major problem. Window. could do with a clean though. Complimentary tea and coffee in the room together with water and a chocolate bar which was very acceptable. Access to the internet was also included. Breakfast was of a good standard with plenty of choice, this was served as a hot and cold buffet but you could order from the menu if you wished - this may be extra - I am not sure. This hotel is very close to Delia's restaurant and Yellows - Delia's other less formal restaurant. The hotel is located about 10 - 15 minute walk from the city centre. It is also only a short walk from Morrisons, Other large chain restaurants and a cinema. Car parking is to the side of the hotel which did concern us. We were however very fortunate to find a space in front of the hotel which was free. These spaces are very limited and far outnumbered by disabled bays. Although this was a very comfortable, stay, it was a little too far out for us as we didn't really want to use the car.

Room Tip: Room 612 very convenient for the lift.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Bubbles26,

Thank you for your good feedback, I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed our executive room experience, we also offer fantastic pitch view rooms which are perfect for match days and bookable directly with the hotel.

The hotel is excellent location for leisure or business alike as it is only few minutes walking distance from the city centre as well train station.

We wait to welcome you back soon.

Hiren Varvadekar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

A hotel which makes you feel good is always worth reporting and we enjoyed our three night stay here. Spotless rooms and friendly staff. I I have a couple of quibbles it was the rather poor wifi and low power of the shower but these didn't detract from a great stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your excellent feedback following your stay Trom100. I’m pleased you enjoyed our stay and would love to come back.

We have recently upgraded wireless to fibre optic and have not received any negative comment, however please be assured we have now checked this and it is working fine. Please could you contact me direct to let know your room number to get the shower checked. I have passed your comments onto my team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Warrington, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I don't often give full marks but this hotel certainly deserves them. Everything from check in to check out was excellent. The room was clean and well equipped, the bar area was welcoming as was the restaurant. I ate in the bar but from the restaurant menu and this was welcomed. Food was well cooked, portioned and presented served with a smile. After a good nights sleep it was up for breakfast which is buffet style, well cooked with specials available. I'll be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review they are always very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will I will certainly share you positive comments with the team.

As you may be aware we also have fantastic pitch view rooms available which are bookable directly with the us and would definitely recommend f you are looking for a view outside in a city centre location.

I trust we will have opportunity to welcome you back soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night and was extremely disappointed to find that although there are ample disabled parking bays they were full cars for the entire duration of our stay. None of these cars were displaying disabled badges. When I asked the reception staff about the situation they stated that the parking at the hotel was owned by the football ground and a fee of £4.95 was required for overnight parking. I was advised that this did not apply to the disabled parking at the front of the hotel as they were owned by the hotel. What on earth are you doing? If the parking places are not dedicated to disabled drivers then please do not mark them as such. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear HullGul84,

I am sorry to read your dissatisfaction in regards to the parking situation. As stated on our website the parking can be heavy on match days and unfortunately the Saturday you are referring to, we had a premiership game on. We are unable to guarantee parking spaces, same as any other city centre location.

I am sorry you did not bring to our attention at the booking stage that a disable parking space was required, had this been bought to our attention we would have of course reserved a space for you. On match days we maximise on all parking spaces available to make sure our guests have as many spaces as possible. It is a shame about the parking, however do trust if you do return your experience will be very different and I would suggest requesting a disabled space to be reserved to avoid disappointment.

stoke on trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

As a company we are normally booked into a different hotel when we are in Norwich. But they were closed for redecoration. Thank god they were ! Now this is a little out of the way, (next to football stadium) but it really didnt matter for us.

Rooms were comfy and clean and well apointed.

Breakfast plentifull and hot.

Service top notch. We always enjoy working in Norwich as the staff at the theatre are so good. But we have found the perfect hotel to make a normal working week a fantastic working week.

Room Tip: There are pitch view rooms, if you like that sort of thing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you taking the time to leave a review "hmonster". I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel exceptional and in particular our comfortable rooms and excellent breakfast offering. I have shared your kind feedback with my team.

We strive to deliver excellent customer service in a friendly environment and work towards making this a Great Hotel that Guests Love. I am delighted that you felt this was the case.

We do have fantastic pitch view rooms which are bookable direct with the hotel and are excellent for match days.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you return in the near future.

Galashiels, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night , hotel was in great location 2 mins from rail station and only 5 mins from centre of town . We were giving a stadium view room but unfortunately there was no game on but great view all the same . Room and bathroom was spotless , really friendly and pleasant staff . Had buffet breakfast on the Sunday morning was fresh and tasty no complaints . For the money I paid hotel and breakfast great value . No wifi in room even tho I am an ihg elite card but not a major problem as free wifi in lobby . Would highly recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: Ask for stadium view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear eildon100,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel. Its great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our excellent breakfast offering, we always do utmost to please everybody and it seems we've done a great job on this occasion.

The rooms and bathrooms are of great size and are modern and contemporary, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the excellent pitch view room. Please do call us direct to book a pitch view room for your future stay.

You will be pleased to hear that since your visit we have installed fibre optic and high speed wireless internet is now accessible throughout the hotel.

I trust you get the opportunity to return to us again in the future in the meantime thank you again for taking the time to tell us how your stay went, I and the rest of the team really appreciate it.

York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

A clean and modern appearance doesn't really make up for poor service, horrible beer and second rate food. After 4 separate visits I'm convinced that the problems I've experienced are endemic. The staff are polite enough when you can pin them down, but they seem over worked and just can't give satisfactory attention. 20 minutes to be seated in a near empty restaurant, 40 minutes for a cold starter, food that tasted like my daughter cooked it, missing towels, broken sleep due to early morning deliveries of what must have been very large beer barrels, all really basic stuff. I'm fortunate - I travel on business, but the next time I'm in Norwich I'll be trying somewhere else

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. It is a real shame that you have experienced problems during your stay. I do hope you raised your concerns with the team members so they would have been able to rectify this for you. We also have a strong full team in place where most members have worked at the premises since the day the doors opened and take pride in their work and as you mentioned they are very polite. We do not allow any deliveries before 9am and will refuse them if they arrive before this time. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Kind regards

Lucy Rose
Operations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Norwich City? Share your experiences!