“Comfortable friendly place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cringleford Guest House

You added Cringleford Guest House to your Saves list
Cringleford Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   1 Gurney Lane | Cringleford, Norwich NR4 7SB, England   |
Ranked #2 of 79 Norwich B&B and Inns
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Comfortable friendly place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights whilst attending a training course at the nearby Norwich Radiology Academy. I arrived late on the first night but was made very welcome by Kate, shown to my room (they have 7) and asked what time I would like breakfast. There was plenty of off street parking.
The room was large, clean and well appointed with an extremely comfortable king sized bed, reading lamps, tea and coffee making facilities and plenty of drawer space, although no wardrobe. The en suite shower room was clean and spacious too. They also provide free wifi
Breakfast was comprehensive, I chose not to have a cooked breakfast although my colleague's looked delicious. There was cereal, toast, fruit, yoghurt, juice all laid out to help yourself.
Both Rob and Kate were friendly and helpful about suggestions of where to eat and where to go in the evenings. Having a card machine was an added bonus and meant I didn't have to go and find a cash machine.
i would recommend this little guest house for your stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed there for six weeks for work purposes and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Cringleford Guest House. Warm and friendly welcome without being too pushy. Good local knowledge from the hosts, who were approachable and amenable. Comfortable rooms cleaned to a high standard. Would definitely recommend the guest house to others visiting the area for work or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here with two elderly relatives and cannot speak too highly of the welcome and service provided by Rob and Kate. Nothing was too much trouble, the rooms were tastefully decorated and very clean, and Norwich itself is a super place to visit. All in all 10 out of 10! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked cringleford guest house at very short notice and from the off I was met with friendly, helpful service. I was visiting Norwich as I had a university interview the next day. Lovely room, very clean. A wonderful reception when I arrived and in the morning breakfast was amazing. There was fresh coffee, toast and a lovely cooked breakfast with really nice sausages. As well as the breakfast the owners were really lovely people. I had a really nice experience and truly believe it added to my positive attitude at interview.

• Stayed January 2013
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Cringleford Guesthouse is an excellent place, which can easily be found on the Internet. The hosts, who are very friendly, open and hospitable, are always available and do their best to make your stay happy and comfortable. The Guesthouse itself is a very cosy and clean place, with a few rooms and one dining room, which makes you feel like at home. There is a nice picturesque park with a lake nearby. It is about 20-minue walk from the city centre, being a little far away from main roads. I would recommend the place especially to families with children who want to change the scene and enjoy clean air and nature around. I was served breakfast, which was very diverse and fresh. I stayed overnight only so I cannot add anything else, really, but my memories are good, especially when it come to a family atmosphere there. I arrived on a rainy day last October and did not have any umbrella with me. The hosts lent me one and called a taxi for me. But for their help and welcoming spirit, the beginning of my stay here in Norwich (I am a PhD student here now) would have been much worse. I really recommend it. Wanda

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
North Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way to Norwich to visit our daughter in hospital as she had given birth seven weeks prematurely. A journey that normally takes an hour had turned into a nightmare 5 hour trip in dreadful weather and road conditions. We rang through to Cringleford Guest House and secured their last room. Kate kindly stayed on the phone to give us directions, welcomed us with a tray of tea and biscuits and even supplied us with toothbrushes and toothpaste! We walked to the hospital and were able to see the new baby and his proud Mum and Dad. On our return, Rob charged up my mobile phone and we had a very comfortable stay in a very clean and warm room, with a delicious breakfast in the morning. We were able to leave the car after checking out so that we could visit the hospital again. Would recommend CGH most highly, such kind and friendly people.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Excellent place to stay, highly recommended. Rob and Kate are so welcoming! A very homely feel. Cooked breakfast is a must, but healthy option also available. Ideal for people visiting UEA, and nice and close to the excellent Red Lion. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Cringleford Guest House? Share your experiences!